SAU Community

What's Your Fuel Consumption Like?

MRSAMO

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe you drive it a bit different because you know you just put in shitter fuel?

Nope, drove it the same way. Didn't notice any difference in performance either

That's why I don't understand why.

I don't agree with the remove the O2 sensor mentality.

O2 sensor will insure optimal AFR, emisssions and fuel economy over a wide range of operating conditions, fuel variations ect. You can tune a car to run just as well under those conditions but drive the car on a different day cold morning hot humid afternoon use a poorer batch of fuel ect and it wont be perfect. The car will still run and drive ok but just not be quite as optimally well tuned.

OEM o2 sensors are now often used well beyond just light load and cruise often working well into high load conditions. Examples that I am aware of is some of the new cars require the following two conditions before going out of closed loop greater than 85% throttle and greater than 4000rpm between switching between closed and open loop. (Required to meet tough new euro standars)

For those not running a O2 sensor what do you gain by not having a O2. The only thing I can think of is not having the sensor in the exhaust potentially causing extra restriction which I would think is extremely minimal if not impossible to measure. And quite a few people in this thread have just disconnected there O2 sensor but still have it physically in the exhaust so where is the gain?

Mine is pretty poor!! I am getting about 19-21 L/100ks

I am ALWAYS at the petrol station!!!

:unsure: not so flash for the wallet

Wow, I thought I was bad. I get about 17-18L/100 km, which could be due to it running rich, but for the sake of the engine it might need to stay that way