SAU Community

Cd Error Fo

Hi

Has anyone else experienced a CD ERROR FO on there 6 stacker Bose System ?

I have just purchased the car and when I switch to disc I get this error ?

Thanks

Hey mate, you may wanna read the FAQ section - read before posting. Written by Chris Rogers.

Your answer is there.

sorry to hear about your unit Cruzen..looks like you may have to fork out $$$ unplanned..i just hate when that happens.

Hi

Has anyone else experienced a CD ERROR FO on there 6 stacker Bose System ?

I have just purchased the car and when I switch to disc I get this error ?

Thanks

BTW, End of day, you may need to repaired it or replace it. Member Si long Bao have a working BOSE unit for sale. I believe it will be easier for your to replace it.

It happen to me as well.

Park car in the LUG for 2 weeks for oversea trip

then first day back to work put the car in the office car park with 40 + degree temp.

around 6PM, when i start the car and trun on music........... the bosh unit make some noise ..5 sec later "CD ERROR FO" showed on the screen :P:D

so i guess it could be the "heat" issue.....

nope its age. the answer is in the FAQ I wrote.

F0 = guides,gears,loading trays - and that is only the start of it. best solution (though you lot bitch about spending $$) is to rip the lot out and go aftermarket. BOSE is NOT an issue. the 6CD mech is about $900 now and I'm still waiting on one ex japan for a customer (thats been 6 months!)

Now despite what you may think or have been told:

screen can be kept its NOT part of the radio

OEM panel CANNOT be reused unless you are doing a CAR PC or the like and are doing a lot of custom work. (you still need the A/C controller.)

Bose gear (amps and speakers) can be kept with a decent inteface (not the shit off ebay.) and it will work fine and have decent volume.

I do the panel sets for them and have part numbers for all colors of the dash. its as easy as asking me.

yep! its on a separate server but I have done several with and with out bose. the only visual difference is your radio is in place of the orginal. send me an email and I'll flick a few shots your way.

Email sent

Can't wait to see some of your great work.

Also is it a waste of time me getting the Jap to English software if I am ripping out the Bose Head Unit and replacing it with an aftermarket one ?

Or will I still retain the Fuel Consumption info etc. on the factory screen ?

I am assuming I will lose this info if I swap to an aftermarket head unit but Aus Nav & TV should be included in aftermarket unit hence no need to muck around with the Jap TV Tuner.