SAU Community

Anyone Looking For A Job In Accounting/finance

eMsta

Hi Guys,

Since I got a promotion at the start of the year, there is now a graduate role available within Delfin Lend Lease. The future applicant will be based at Lakeside Pakenham and Laurimar (Doreen) Projects, and will be working within the finance team - so you will be working with myself and 2 Finance Managers.

http://www.lakesidepakenham.com.au/

http://www.delfinlaurimar.com.au/

The role is pretty much start up - so will be things like:

• Maintenance of Trading applications – Oracle based application (CORE) and in-house application ISSaC (settlement System);

• Checking of coding of creditor invoices prior to processing;

• Addressing queries from suppliers;

• Processing of lots sales and receipts into the accounting system;

• Preparation of reconciliation of General Ledger and Project Ledger;

• Monthly Management Reports to Head Office; and

• Preparation of monthly BAS documentation to Head Office;

• Assistance with preparing PCG, QPR and CA documentation.

If anyone is interested, please send me a PM, and I will give you my work email for your resume.

cheers

Forgot to add - as this is graduate role - salary will most likely be around 45k + super.

They did mention they want a degree qualified graduate - but am happy to send in resumes for those who have nearly finished their degrees.

cheers

I have 4 subjects left that span out both semesters. It sucks cause all the Accounting positions I have looked at online require experience.

Emsta can you confirm if people who aren't a graduate yet can apply. Then I'll send in my resume and transcript etc. Thanks

sounds like a pretty good role! I have a year left on my degree but also have a years experience, im not really looking (already have a job) but i have to say that this sounds like a really good position

its more the team - great team. And with Delfin, you can work up to finance manager at project level (so at the different estates that they work on) - or you get the chance to move into head office at docklands or sydney

it depends where the applicants want to go, and how hard they want to work for it (as with any job really)

UPDATE

Hi all - i found out today from the regional finance manager, that they are still looking for someone, but they are waiting for confirmation from HR re the role/pay etc.

So forward all resumes/letters/transcripts to me if people are still interested (PM me and I will give my work email), and I will pass it on.

Im giving any guarantee that I will get one of you the job, but I can make sure that all applications will be looked at before it goes via job agents or seek etc.

cheers

UPDATE

Hi all - i found out today from the regional finance manager, that they are still looking for someone, but they are waiting for confirmation from HR re the role/pay etc.

So forward all resumes/letters/transcripts to me if people are still interested (PM me and I will give my work email), and I will pass it on.

Im :P giving any guarantee that I will get one of you the job, but I can make sure that all applications will be looked at before it goes via job agents or seek etc.

cheers

I think he means that he is NOT giving any guarantee that any of you will get the job, but he can make sure your app is read first.

I think he means that he is NOT giving any guarantee that any of you will get the job, but he can make sure your app is read first.

hahaha...thanks man....:P

doing a dual role between 2 projects, with a bit of the grad role still (probably till we find a replacement) - its doing my head in!! my 5 day long weekend has quickly shortned to a 3 day "ok" weekend!

Hi Matt,

Thanx for the information mate... i hope my brother has sent you his resume and other stuff today...

Have a great weekend..

Cheers

Harry

hey man - yeah he did - i have forwarded it to the RFM. I will keep your brother (and anyone else who forwarded their resumes) updated.

Hi All - the position has been approved, so now the RFM is going through the hiring process.

To everyone that forwarded me their resumes, I have passed it on to him :(

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All update - seems we are not looking for grads anymore. This is the ad that i found on the intranet - so if you or anyone you know is interested just let me know:

--------------------------------------

Delfin Lend Lease masterplanned communities are part of the Lend Lease Development Management business, which has a strong reputation for high quality, community development, and the creation of special, sustainable places for people to live.

The Delfin Lend Lease Finance Team requires a Finance Clerk to join the team to take responsibility of the accounts processing for mutiple projects within Victoria, and to provide support to Project Accountants and Finance Managers. The main responsibilities of this role will include:

Managing the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable process, ensuring all files are up to date;

Preparing BAS and month-end clerical reconciliations;

Liaising with suppliers and debtors to ensure all queries are answered and invoices are paid;

Assisting with the residential settlement process; and

Other tasks as required.

To join this team you must have a minimum of 2-3 years experience in a Financial or Accounting focussed clerical role or similar, and have intermediate skills in Microsoft Word and Excel. You must also have excellent customer service and time management skills, strong problem solving skills and the ability to use your initiative. Experience using Oracle is highly desirable.

If you are able to meet strict deadlines, have a thorough approach to following up accounting queries, and are a team player, please apply online today.