SAU Community

URGENT rotor help

Brody

Ive done a search and cant find anything.

I need to remove the front rotors to swap them over. The only way i can see to do this, is to remove the caliper, by removing 2 bolts at the back which should let it hinge??!?! I can't get these bolts undone to find out. Is this the correct way of doing it?!?!

Ive done a search and cant find anything.

I need to remove the front rotors to swap them over. The only way i can see to do this, is to remove the caliper, by removing 2 bolts at the back which should let it hinge??!?! I can't get these bolts undone to find out. Is this the correct way of doing it?!?!

Yep , you have to remove the 2 bolts that hold the caliper to the hub then carefully pull the caliper up. You may have to prise the pads apart a bit to get over the lip on the disc.

Cheers

Ken

Thanks...I had the problem with the lips on the discs, you must of done this b4! :D For the life of me I couldn't get either of those bolts to budge, soaked it in wd40 for abit to no avail. I'll have to take it to midas or something to just swap the rotors.

I ended up just replacing the pads (really had no choice as the others are past dead) with the shit glazed rotors in there now. Not happy!

Anyway, Merry Xmas to all :)

Thanks...I had the problem with the lips on the discs, you must of done this b4! :D For the life of me I couldn't get either of those bolts to budge, soaked it in wd40 for abit to no avail. I'll have to take it to midas or something to just swap the rotors.

I ended up just replacing the pads (really had no choice as the others are past dead) with the shit glazed rotors in there now. Not happy!

Anyway, Merry Xmas to all :)

This may sound really dumb but are you undoing the correct way?

As it is facing away from you the direction to turn the spanner is in a clockwise direction when seated at the wheel hub looking at the disc.A normal 12in breaker bar should be enough to loosen them .

Cheers

Ken

I tried either way without it budging the slightest. My hands are abit better today so i might give it another crack when its cool.

I couldn't get the anti-squel pads in either because there was no room...they'll have to come out anyway. Bah..to hot!