SAU Community

Toms 94¢ Heatshield

pipster11

Nah dude.

Hmm, I gave you a chance now youve failed me again.

Please just use your bucket for bucket purposes.

whats with ppl from wa?

i'm just having a laugh while messing around with a cheap bucket, i've seen good airbox setups and i make one when i get paid and my mate gets back from holidays (we'll make one for my stag and his 33)

i also got distracted while taking the coil cover (to lower coil temps) off this arvo and decided to do this to entertain a mate who joked about taking my bov of (same result, no air leaks)

lighten up

whats with ppl from wa?

Umm, we use our buckets for mopping and various other leisurely activities.

Coolism. Seen this on youtube, let me know wen you get a plumback bov. :D

My advice is stick with the factory one. No harm intended. Interesting topic though regarding CAI.

Edited by dirtyRS4

What you could do is remove the headlight and install a bucket in its spot like a giant air scoop to guide it to the filters bucket.

Maybe you could cut another bucket up to use as a coilpack cover. :( red will make it faster. black will hide it from the cops better :D

I might be wrong here but I would be a bit nervous using bucket plastic as a blocking plate for a bov. What if some of the plastic breaks off from the pressure and ended up in the pipework. Would hate to see a laugh turn ugly.

seeing as there =plastic blanking plate can only deflect a max of a few mm i dont think its gonna break

and normality will be restored once my mate gets back from holidays and we'll make some proper air boxes

tom, redo it all in metal

I made up a metal blanking bov plate yrs ago:

I found it best to have a small drill hole in the middle to help air escape on low rpm situations (saves car from stalling)

anyways, Im going to try this with a thick metal bucket, some heat-resistant foam, wouldnt mind adding a bucket lid too, to enclose the pod entirely

I'll cut the bucket in the middle all round, slide it into itself so its half size but double thickness, and go from there. that way a lid could fit onto the lipped end still

:D

i used to make aluminium air boxs on my cnc router that made it legal for 32 and 33 gtst it made 12rwkw difference on the dyno at unigroup its surprising how much power you can make with it. if i end up getting my stagea ill make one up and sell them for around 80 bucks they looked pretty trick i can also engrave stuff on there like nismo n shit ill post something up when i do this guys

i used to make aluminium air boxs on my cnc router that made it legal for 32 and 33 gtst it made 12rwkw difference on the dyno at unigroup its surprising how much power you can make with it. if i end up getting my stagea ill make one up and sell them for around 80 bucks they looked pretty trick i can also engrave stuff on there like nismo n shit ill post something up when i do this guys

that would be sick, i'd love to do a metal one but my metal skills aren't that good

only think i've noticed thats different to a skyline is that the rad overflow is on that side and the filler hole is quite low = easy to be covered and then hard to be refilled

• 4 years later...