SAU Community

Looking 4 A Another Horn

08yannch

hi guys 2 day i had some fat bi*ch in front of me on my way home it was a 50 zone but 4 some un known reason she was doing 5km/h no joke i was geting very frustrated as i really wanted to chuck a dump and i was stuck behind her 4 about 1km and then i had enough i just blasted the horn till she started moving faster.

i got home and while i was reading my hot4's magazine doing my business as u do it soddenly came upon me. i NEED A MOTHER DUCKING LOUD HORN so in the instance i want 2 scare the living shit out of somebody i can :D

ok so down 2 business i like my OEM horns they are good 4 just letting ppl know that ur there but i want 2 put in a switch connected 2 a bigger horn so that when required i can scare the living shit out of everybody in a 100m radius :) so i want 2 know what type of horn am i looking at air horn, locomotive horn, police siren what ever as long as it goes beep real ducking loud also it needs to be legal so i guess a locomotive horn is out lol

so plz help me find the loudest legal horn out there

ok so i have searched and searched and all i could find was

The device must not be louder than is necessary so the driver,

and a person near the vehicle, can hear the device when it is

operating.

A motor vehicle must not be fitted with a device that can make a

sound like the sound of a siren, bell, exhaust whistle,

compression whistle or repeater horn.

there was more that i found but this was all that applyed 2 me. all i want is a normal horn but one that is stupid loud so i dont need to wary about that second bit. BUT the first bit is very interesting "The device must not be louder than is necessary" hmmmmm "necessary" so how loud is this. so in my logic first try the normal horn and if that dosnt get a response or the response im after :D then it is time to try the back up horn.

im going 2 go past the local police station 2moro and see what they say

but any input on this would be nice lol looks like im the only 1 contributing 2 this :)

Klaxon horns are available through some Autobarn outlets.

Used to have one (with a switch) on my old 1600 Datsun.

Loud as heck. People can get the jitters as with airhorns. Klaxons take up less room, but one still needs to check on space for fitment.

Only downside (or from the perspective of a nearby policeman - an upside), is that in traffic, people have no idea where the sound came from.

If you want a louder European sounding horn, SG Foresters have them ie '03-'08; sourced from a wrecker.

good idea. so far every nissan i have owned the oem horn is a complete fail.

I cop so much shit over it being a Highperformance sports car and a horn that sounds like money nuts

Edited by chubs

BMW factory horns are really good too. Quite small profile and obviously legal as they come from the factory. Much chunkier noise too.

Thanks for the reminder I have to head to a wrecker!

i think there is a thread on here about putting falcon horns on

yes there is in the DIY section but that is 2 replace oem horns i dont want 2 do this i like my horns i just want a BIG OVER KILL horn as well

well i will be heading down 2 the a wrecker i might as well get some BMW horn couldn't hurt

haha i asked at the police station about legality and the guy was like hmmmmm i dont know. one second (asked his buddy) then the other cop is why do u want a louder horn whats the point of that. and by that point i had enough as i got the hint that i was not going 2 get any help with this so i headed home

well i have been looking around and i have 4 ideas. 1-new cheap air horn kit. 2-compact all in one air horn. 3-old truck air horn from wrecker along with a air tank i can charge up with my compressor at home. 4-same as 3 but if i can find a train horn for cheap at the wreckers

well i will be heading down 2 the a wrecker i might as well get some BMW horn couldn't hurt = quite loud, yes

haha i asked at the police station about legality and the guy was like hmmmmm i dont know. one second (asked his buddy) then the other cop is why do u want a louder horn whats the point of that. and by that point i had enough as i got the hint that i was not going 2 get any help with this = typical lol

but if i can find a train horn for cheap at the wreckers = that'd be at the 'train-wreckers' right?

you can also get booked for using the horn by the way. whether it be road rage, or just beeping outside someones house to let them know you are there. if you get a cop in a bad mood they can fine you. heard of plenty of cases of it before.