SAU Community

Please Need Help! About R33 Gears/clutch!

Hello i have a 1994 r33 gtst and am only very new to cars in general! i got my license only a couple of months ago!

My problem is that other than first gear if i put my foot down a little heavy it feels like the gears dis-engage, and the revs go up like in neutral but the car isnt going anywhere! it doesnt happen when i have low revs! it feels like its slipping.

What does this mean? do i need a new clutch or just maintenance? if so how much would it cost?

-Thanks

It is slipping. There are a couple of things it could be. You mention a 'new one', are you refering to having already had to replace the clutch? If you haven't replaced the clutch then it's either the clutch assembly or the hydraulic system which operates the clutch assembly. I replaced my clutch only to learn it was the hydraulic system at fault, an expensive exercise. More details about the car would help.

It is slipping. There are a couple of things it could be. You mention a 'new one', are you refering to having already had to replace the clutch? If you haven't replaced the clutch then it's either the clutch assembly or the hydraulic system which operates the clutch assembly. I replaced my clutch only to learn it was the hydraulic system at fault, an expensive exercise. More details about the car would help.

No i havnt replaced the clutch! but i dont know if the previous owner has! what sort of details?

Well ok has it been doing this since you bought the car? Have you checked the fluid levels on the clutch master? With no futher information it is either the clutch or the hydraulic system. Not sure I can be of any more help.. take it to a workshop?