SAU Community

Formula 1 2010

Krishy

Spot on there Fishy.....Vetel was leading the race and was looking very comfortable in taking the race win till a crack/leak in the exhaust and then he just got swamped.....worst part of this season is 1 engine package is meant to last 3 grand prix this season.......and if you have to change the engine for the australian gp then there is a 5 or 10 spot grid penalty....

Ferrari 1 + 2 :(:O:O:O

How good were both the ferrari drivers.....i thought that alonso drove briliantly and massa followed suit even though massa out qualified alonso lol.....

lol say what? i agree with what he's saying. bring back the clutch :P

whats wrong with the driver wanting it to be more of a battle with drivers as apposed to which team pumps the most $ in

most if not every team this season are working on a budget lol

how did Force India go on the harder compound? Was listening as i fell asleep, the only car in the top 10 to start on Prime.

they would have done well except they spun out/crashed in the first lap.....but did well to come back from the spin on turn 1 to finish the race strongly

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well my bad....thats what the commentators said during the race and i havent read about the after race news lol.....either way reliability will play a big part in this season

most if not every team this season are working on a budget lol

i dont believe ferrari will eva work on a budget, theyll find ways around budgets n rules :(

and you seem a bit harsh on the webber, i dont watch that much but most driver interviews ive seen in f1 they talk like their the friggen greatest driver who ever lived and how rules and their team let them down.

Edited by Inline 6

harsh on webber you have got to be kidding me.....as quoted in the last page of this thread.....he is a loose cannon at times......he is a good driver but i dont know how he finished 8th when his team mate....was leading the race and only gave up the lead due to car problems.....

harsh on webber you have got to be kidding me.....as quoted in the last page of this thread.....he is a loose cannon at times......he is a good driver but i dont know how he finished 8th when his team mate....was leading the race and only gave up the lead due to car problems.....

God i cant stand Webber. Always whinge whinge whinge, its always someone elses fault or the cars fault. And now there is a driver in the other car it shows he is a useless prick as he always has been. Sorry but i dont like the guy he hasnt achieved jack all in my books.

dont leave so soon mate....you should read last season's f1 thread....:thumbsup:

what happened to the USF1 team....they didnt even have the cars on the track i mean wtf??? also virgin cars havnt seen any wind tunnel time at all.....the whole car and concept designed on a computer and thats it lol

+1. And can you believe these moron journalists who were suggesting that Schuey was past it all (because he was out qualified by Rosberg), when in actual fact if you look at the where everyone else finished in comparison to their team mate you'll see that MS was closer than even our hero Webber (despite Vettel's spark plug problem), the reigning WDC Button to their respective team mates. I deliberately didn't mention Massa because this is his first GP since that unfortunate accident.

even then massa did an awesome job of finishing second......he still drove better then the other drivers despite him having that crash last year

well the next race is in 2 weeks time....lets see if ferrari can do it again....just like team vodafone in v8 supercars lol....they won both of races of the first 2 rounds.....

in the last 6 or so season's the driver who has won the first gp has gone to win the championship......could it repeat again.......i f**king hope so lol

Im sorry for being harsh on Webber, but as an elite driver or one of the worlds best drivers, you have a lot to input into a cars handling, driveability and handling. So my question is why is a rookie doing better than him? Surely he has had enough time to test make adjustments, to suit his racing style, instead once again i repeat its always someone elses fault.

ummm i dont think vetel is a rookie anymore George.......dont forget that these cars change a lot from round to round let alone from season to season.....and sometimes a driver/engineer can dial the right settings off the bat and have awesome race car where as another driver and his engineers would be struggling to get the settings absolutely right......vetel's car looked a lot quicker then webbers last round even through qaulifying.....the minor teams were 5-8 seconds off the pace of the front runners.....now that is absolutely shocking......makes v8 supercars exciting to watch.....at the clipsal weekend the top 10 were seperated by 0.5 of a second and the top 20 runners were within 1-1.5 seconds of the guy on pole.......now in contrast the top 3 of round one in F1 were seperated by almost 1 second alone....forget about the top 20......

There's no doubt in my mind that Vettel is a class driver and imo he's making Mark look a little bit more ordinary than he might really be... that and the fact that sometimes extra long circuits like the Bahrain one makes bigger gaps between drivers and teams

will be interested to see if vetel messes up qualy if he can actually overtake to make up spots.... as for the ferarri drivers, they have a better car than everyone bar red bull by about .5s/lap corse they were going to do well!!! just a shame it looked like a slow precession rather than a race =\

while were sticking the boot into webber, apparently RBR actually uses vetels car setup for both drivers coz its the faster one of the 2.... go figure! i'd still support an aussie and my interest in a race generally relates to how well he does, but im not blind XD

its the case in most teams fishy......they go through practise and find out who/which one of the 2 drivers is the faster one and copy the same settings across onto the other car.....then go for more practice and then set the car to the driver liking......with the fuel load they have at the start of the race the drivers are doing roughly 8-10 second slower in lap times when compared to what they qualified with......and towards the end of the race the car gets a bit faster as the fuel load wears off....but it leaves the car generally rather high off the ground in ride height so still it wont be as fast.....

you make a good point in regards to if vetel is down in the pack then how would he go about it in the race......i for one thing if vetel is 4th or lower on the first lap then i dont see him winning specially if both ferrari's are up front.....also the driver who is sitting on 1st position gets the benefit of a clean track/cold air use....the drivers 1-1.5 second behind him get a lot of the hot air which cannot be good for the engine :bunny:

with the fuel load they have at the start of the race the drivers are doing roughly 8-10 second slower in lap times when compared to what they qualified with......and towards the end of the race the car gets a bit faster as the fuel load wears off....but it leaves the car generally rather high off the ground in ride height so still it wont be as fast.....

lap times at the end of the race were still 6-7 seconds off qualifying pace!!

and i think qualy was worse as well... because if you want to refule you have to pull into the garage and do it, so lots of teams were only doing 1 lap flyers!

tho i think if overtaking was easier, we'd see people making multiple pit stops and faster lap times =\ its a viscious cycle!