SAU Community

Changing Steering Wheel?

makaveli

Then it sounds like the problem that I addressed in the first page of this thread, You need to remove the wheel, boss and all and compare the slot in the boss with the standard wheel and there will be a difference. the sensor must be positioned exactly central on the hole in the boss, and using foam and or tape to fatten up the prong on the sensor worked perfectly for me and many others.

Have you tried this??

sorry buddy i have not tried this yet although im not sure what the hicas sensor looks like.

Ive had the wheel off and im not sure what the hicas sensor looks like :P

Fark............ I just spent 20 minutes replying to this in a funny and witty manner with many references to male and female genitalia included and the whole lot was lost when i posted..................... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I have to cook dinner now and then work on my car.............:crazy:

Any way the attached pic shows the rear view of the standard 33 wheel. the highlited hole is the nice tight girly bit that the hicas dick fits into...... the aftermarket boss has a larger slot and the dick floats around in it too much resulting in the sensor being off center when you are driving in a straight line.......... so fatten the part that fits in the affore mentioned hole using electrical tape to create a tight fit and bob is your uncle.....

failing that i can explain at MAS if you still don't understand, don't be shy not everyone is expected to be proficient at the art of vehicular modification.. ;)