SAU Community

Another R32 Gts4 Project

So this car has been off the road for about 3 to 4 years since it was broken into and trashed, and me and my housemate decided a few days ago "wouldnt it be fun to just strip it down as far as it would go and start from nothing and build it up to be a pretty little street machine with some balls to boot." Im not in any rush to get it on the road, ive still go a daily, my work 4x4 patrol (which btw is awesome for picking up parts in fits everything), and im also in the market to get an audi a4 quattro as a daily. Since im sick of driving a truck as a daily pretty much. It took us 4 hours to strip the entire interior out, since btw we have no idea what we are doing we are just being super careful. And as i disconnect all the wires ive been labeling them so i dont forget or get anything mixed up.

On that note, stripping it down im finding alot of wires that dont go anywhere which or bodgy zip tied wires that lead to the computer or the engine bay... and also the little clip into something else ones that arent clipped into anything. I will posts picks later on about wat i mean.

Under the hood.

So im still unsure whether to take the engine out and replace it or just make the rb20 nice neat and tidy, since im not interested in massive amounts of power but i also want it to look nice which it seems everything nowdays is a rb25 or 26... but as ive been looking around there arent many parts for sale for rb20s like intake plenums and highmount manifolds and watnot. not that i can find anyway.

Exterior.

So far ive bought uras side skirts and rear bar, also some bulky drift front bar which looks plain but has big gaps to show off a front mount and oil cooler. also go ahold of some tidy gtr front guards. and im in the market for a gtr bonnet and probably some ganador mirrors before being happy with the outside of the car.

Interior.

Stripped everything out, there is nothing but the handbrake gear lever and wires and steering thingy inside the car. deciding whether i want to keep carpet in it or not or just leave in metal and polish it and put some nice mats down or something and just feed all the wires through the roof lining or soemthing. other than that im jsut trying to get ahold of a tidy dash entire part including centre console and the plastic pieces since they were all snapped and holes in them and watnot.

Well thats wat ive got to say so far. il post picks up as soon as i take some more tidy ones.

Btw i also scored my brothers fuel system out of the Drag Me silvia since he is stripping it, like an 050 fuel pump to a surge tank to another 050 fuel pump. lawl. Freebies are awesome, thinking bout hitting him up for the trust 6 speed dog box hes got lying at my work haha. bit overkill for a street car though. can hear it from a mile away.

this is gona be great to read ! own a gts-4 myself yeh i know its not easy to get rb20 parts and if there are their mega bux lol like high mount manifolds loL! if u wana take the engine appart its at ur advantage coz u can see the condition of everything... consider forging 2.2ltr maby and have a nice little rev happy gts 4 :down: or ull find that the block is f*ked and u might aswell find a bigger engine lol! neway u do it im gona keep reading up :)