SAU Community

Engineering Certs

niran

Hey every one

I originally had a yellow about 4 months ago and i couldn’t get it off as my engine had oil leaks and reverse wouldn’t engage sometimes.. at the time i was in the process of buying a r33 half cut, so i thought i might as well do the conversion and go over.

After finishing the car off i went to pits and they straight away said they can’t approve this and i need engineering certs. Thinking its better to do the right thing now, i put through the forms to be approved. It took about 3 weeks so then again i needed to extend my yellow (3rd time now). Afterwards i then had to find a approved engineer, as all of you who have been through this knows you get a piece off paper with the names and numbers, i chose Don Stevens.. I came to hes the day that suited him and got the whole car checked out he said everything looks fine and there isn’t any problems and said he will processes that. That was approx. 1 and a half months ago and i still have not received any letters/certs. When i rang the engineer throughout the first few weeks after looking at my car he stated that he was busy and he still hadn’t looked at processing the papers for my car. Today i had to go to pits again this time the pits complained to me that i should hand in my plates and not drive it. I said back “that’s unfair, this is not my fault and it’s my daily car”.. so in the end the pit guys had a talk about it and said they will extend it for 10 days..

Guys i need your help, is there any way i can get this yellow off or what should i do? Im starting to get sick off this, especially when I followed the rules and did the right thing yet it seems like they don’t care much.

If anyone has had any experience and got something sorted to remove the yellow please let me know.

Thanks guys,

Niran

Yeh put a bullet up the ass of the engineer or the DPI, threaten them with ACCC action. The engineers have a duty to provide that certificate to you, and they havnt...

Hassle, hassle hassle...

Keep making phone calls untill they get their asses into gear...

I used Don for my other 33 & had no problems, he was good! I've got pre-approval for my current 33 & was going to use him again, best bet is just to call him & speak to him again, pretty much just explain your situation & see what the deal is. Not much can be done posting up on here

have you recieved a letter asking you to hand in your plates? cause the date on the yellow will be different to the date of actually having to hand in your plates. when the yellow expires i think you have another 2 weeks or more i think but you cant drive the car unless you are going to the pit. this happen to me when i got the letter it gave a date when they should be handed in etc etc. then i finally got the report a day before i had to hand the plates in. should be ok if you can find another car to drive around in

Only thing i can think of is contact the engineer and see what he has, if he still hasnt done it contact a different engineer and see which can get it done asap.

hey man, yep gave him another ring tonight.. he said it will be done by tonight, i told him i will come and pick it up instead off him posting it so it gets done quicker.

Yeh put a bullet up the ass of the engineer or the DPI, threaten them with ACCC action. The engineers have a duty to provide that certificate to you, and they havnt...

Hassle, hassle hassle...

Keep making phone calls untill they get their asses into gear...

haha i have been, ringing him so much nonstop >_<

I used Don for my other 33 & had no problems, he was good! I've got pre-approval for my current 33 & was going to use him again, best bet is just to call him & speak to him again, pretty much just explain your situation & see what the deal is. Not much can be done posting up on here

Yer thats why i also went Don because a few people from here have said he does a good job, i rang him anyways he said it should be done tonight so ill try get it to the tech section by Friday so i can hopefully have yellow off asap.

have you recieved a letter asking you to hand in your plates? cause the date on the yellow will be different to the date of actually having to hand in your plates. when the yellow expires i think you have another 2 weeks or more i think but you cant drive the car unless you are going to the pit. this happen to me when i got the letter it gave a date when they should be handed in etc etc. then i finally got the report a day before i had to hand the plates in. should be ok if you can find another car to drive around in

hey buddy

um nah i haven’t received any letters yet as i have kept going 1-2 days before my yellow expires and kept getting it renewed, hopefully i will receive the engineering certs soon so i can get this yellow off :P