SAU Community

R32 Gtr Not Going Past Stock Boost

i recently fitted an aftermarket stainless steel front pipe and 3" high flow cat to my existing 3.5" cat-back exhaust.

i thought while the exhaust is more "free flowing" il remove the boost restrictor thats inside the hose with the yellow band. i took out the little brass thing, took it for a run and its not showing an increase in boost, its exactly where the boost gauage used to sit before !

any ideas why this is happening? its a puzzle to me...

also i followed to see where the 2 hoses from the solenoid go and i lost them under the plenum, so i followed the wastegate hoses and they go into steel pipes, travel behind the engine then i guess meet up with the hoses?

i also blew air through the hose which had the restrictor in it and i could hear some leaking air/hissing sound from the back under the plenum? is this a prob?

thanks fellas !

hey why don't you just spend a few hundred dollars and fit a good boost controller and get a dyno tune.

1. Get a power figure.

2. Will continue to be the same power.

3 Won't blow up etc. (will cost more if that happens)

4. You get 2 or more boost settings.

5 Peace of mind that it is not leaning out etc......

Just an idea..

Good luck..

the line you blew into is t'd under the plenum and one goes to the gates and to the the rear most vacuum fitting on the plenum and thats the "leak" you would have heard. Nothing to worry about.

Actually have same problem with removed restrictor boost not passing more then 0.6 bar, before it was around 0.8 bar cant figure out the problem:(

• 2 weeks later...

I've just done the same. I was only running 0.6 bar so I removed my restrictor and still only running 0.6bar. Apart from the 2 vacuum lines, does you PCM have anything else connected? Behind where the bottom hose, the one that contained the restrictor, attaches feels like there's an electrical connection but nothing is connected. Does yours?

I also read one post somewhere that someone was saying if you reduce the restrictor diameter, opposite of removing it, it increases boost.

Cheers,

Allan

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• You won't make it out of your driveway. Both your rear wheels will go in whichever direction they feel. Your Hicas rack or a lockout bar is required to keep your wheels straight. 
    • Updating results.  Using ATR45SS-0 model VS UHF57-900. Those two are very different turbos, different wheels sets with different wheel hub profiles but yet with almost identical result. I’m intrigued with both turbos performance. ATR45SS-0 was a 61mm turbo first developed in May 2020, UHF57-900 was a 62mm turbo developed in March 2024 as a powered up alternative of a G30-900. On paper ATR45SS-0 maxed at 563rwkws, while UHF57-900 maxed at 568rwkws. ATR45SS was slightly more responsive with slightly better power band through the mid range.  Road driving ability, ATR45SS-0 had better throttle response, felt more robust under throttle, as it wakes up earlier. I think G series wheel hub design made it to have higher inertia under light throttle. Doing bit more prototype work in the next few weeks, will update result when its back on dyno again. ATR45SS0 Blue, UHF57-900 Red Chequered tuner's Dynapack hub dyno, E85 fuel. Mod list is in video below video_20240604_114214.mp4    
    • Did you run the power cables for the mac valve to the other side of the car near the fusebox? Utilizing the stock boost controller cables? or did you run new ones?
    • Hey I have a potentially stupid HICAS question 🤣 I'm currently doing a full hicas delete, Power steering pump modified to non hicas, all lines removed from the car along with all electronics. My stupid question is - Do I need a lock out bar? is there any reason why I cant just remove everything from the rear end? I already have a lock out bar but thinking to save a few extra grams I could also get rid of the arms and tie rods as well and just run it with nothing in its place? or would it have a negative effect on handling?
    • Hi how are you guys?  I know i have been absent for years but im coming back slowly guys just wondering if anyone know where the ball joint on the NISMO arm front and rear can be replaced with OE parts?  Also  i know this is not the thread looking for springs and blistein shocks for the 260rs. Please advcie     cheers    yudy