SAU Community

C210, 308 Transplant

passin ewe

Yeah Cam, the anticipation is giving me constipation. I grin with glee each time I look at it. I'll actually video it on the first turn of the key, good or bad. Exhaust is 2x 2.25 into 1x 2.5 and out through the muffler. Really interested in what the sound will be like. Fnnn or awesome I hope.

Car is now finished and I bring it home tomorrow. It sounds and looks really sweet to say the least. My mechanic, Tim has done a splendid and top notch job. I have taken a small amount of video and i'll try to download to u tube tonight under the heading of Datsun Skyline V8.

I ended up using a Holley 650 DP which works real well. Gearing is a bit low, able to go round corners in 4th. No tacho at the mo but I reckon @ 100kph it's reving at about 3200. Down the line I may change centres 3.54 maybe. Haven't stuck my foot into it yet as I'm running it in and I'm of the old school way, slow and steady. Put a vk shroud on tonight and installing 2 10" thermos on saturday. sorry about the video, bit embarrased about that. There was too many people around and I don't enjoy doing running comentary. It gives you some idea and guess that's what counts. Here's a couple of pics.Glad some of you like it, I love it. Sitting in it with that V8 thump is awesome.post-44326-1273757197_thumb.jpgpost-44326-1273757344_thumb.jpg[attachm

ent=285297:P1000382.JPG]

post-44326-1273757526_thumb.jpg

While initially I prefered the idea of an RB transplant I've got to admit this is a fantastic conversion.

With the right diff ratio it will be awesome.

Well done Ricky

At the end of the day D, it was about what was easiest and yes price also came into it.I knew of 2 cars that had had this conversion done. One was the car in Wagga that had ex chaser black motor. I was very nearly going to buy that one, anyway after hearing from the guy how easy it was I kept that in mind incase a transplant happened. The 45 would have been nice, but i couldn't be bothered with the hassle of injection and to carb it was going to be an even bigger prob with engineering/ emissions here in W.A. I love what I've done and the 308 sound is great, already seeing lots of stunned mullets looking at it going what the F%^$K. It's something diff and the 308 has potential with a few mods. After selling my motor, boxes and bits it cost me $3000 on top of that. I've yet to pay $500 for engineering and $70 for test station.