SAU Community

4 Point Harnesses

Flash89

hey guys and gals

i am going to be getting bride bucket seats for my 180 and i am planing on fitting harnesses

first will it really make any difference on what brand i get like if i bought them from repco etc

how would i mount them i was thinking of replacing the 2 bolts on the rear of the seat rails and the 2 in the back seat that hold the rear seat belts with eye bolts. will that work?

also where about can buy eye bolts from

thanks

Gordon

if ur car is driven oon the street make sure u get adr approved harnesses, regarding mounting, use the eye bolts, 2 on the sides and dunno how u want to mount the rear straps if ur bak seat is still in place

Edited by Harry-Hotpants

car is going to be mainly used for track but it is regoed

im taking out the back seats

am i able to replace the rear bolts of the seat rails with eye bolts? or do i have to make up new holes for them?

You must make sure the eye bolts can stick out so you can get a nut and a washer on it.

Also using the rear seat bolt mounts is a no go for cams event (angle is greater than 40 degree).

On the r33 i had to drill out one of the front seat holes (rear left) as the eye bolt was bigger than the std bolt. and then on the other side i didn't use the seat mount as the r33 has a mount of the side.

is your bride seat fixback? all harness will fit as they all will be 4inch or smaller in width

Edited by Kaido_RR

^^ +1

Also, I didnt some research last month and you can use SFI rated harnesses but they are only good for 2 years.

Summit Racing in the US sells cam-lock SFI rated harnesses for significantly cheaper than can be had locally.

Fia or cams approve hardness are not a must if your not doing full on racing. Cams doesn't allow 40 degree angles but most Japanese harness say just to bolt them into the back seat, that is fine as long as you can get a nut on the eye bolt. As in the case of an accident if the eye bolt is just screw into the thread of the back seat bolt holes it may rip out.

If you can I can throw up some pics later of how I did it in my 33 to give you an ideA

that would be great if you can. i will post up a pic for the rear of my 180 when i get the chance

Here you go; also took a photo of the belt so you can see the size and comparing it to the slots in the seat

img4607t.jpg

Left Side i use the mount for the seat belt

img4598.jpg

Right Side, Use the mount for the seat rail

img4596o.jpg

Rear Seat Mounts

img4605v.jpg

img4603e.jpg

Edited by Kaido_RR

thanks for that. that is what i was thinking of doing with the 180. so on the right side did the 33 just have a nut?? on the 180 on that side is a threaded bolt sticking out and the rest is bolts for the seat rails

better of using propper mounting plates and following the instalation instructions that come with your harness

i use a willans 4" 4 point that can be converted to a 6 point and believe it is far better than the sparco 3" 3 point i used to run