SAU Community

350z: 80,000km Service

Hey guys, just recently bought a 2003 350z track and loving it. Coming from a Mazda 3 where service was simple (change oil every 5k-7km), i can see the 350z will be a bit more involved. Looking at the service manual, my upcoming 80k seems major. I will need to replace engine oil/filter, fuel filter, replace spark plugs, brake fluids, gearbox, and diff fluids. It won't see the tracks so thicker oil isn't needed. Will Castrol Edge 5w-30 suffice? I have a few stocked up from a recent SCA sale. So what oil and fluids you guys recommend?

Engine oil:

Spark plugs:

Brake fluid:

Gearbox:

LSD fluid:

Edited by supaboi

Nissan recommends 10W40 in the VQ35DE, I'm pretty sure. I use Motul 300V Chrono in mine and I like it, but it's not a cheap drop. I also use Motul RBF600 brake fluid, but I've heard there's better stuff out there.

I have been using Castrol 5w-30 for quite sometime now. I think they are cheap and good (if you got it for a discount). NGK Iridium IX for the spark plugs, Motul DOT5 brake fluid (Unless you do track alot, maybe you need DOT 6). If you look at what Motul recommend for the Gearbox/LSD, it their GEAR 300 for both application.

What oil do you use for your LSD scathing?

I've got a Tomei Technical Trax in the car, so I'm using Tomei fluids.

I don't think my OEM VLSD ever had the fluid changed. If it did, I didn't really tell my mechanic anything specific, and he never specifically told me that he did it (and I don't know where all my old servicing reports have gone).