SAU Community

Newest Family Addition

JamesK

I've been umming and arring about getting a bike for the past year, and seriously weighing it up for the past few months. Cars dont do it for me anymore.

Was this your first bike?

Have you tried AAMI?We do heaps of work for them and i find them always the best for customers when it comes to making a claim.....I get arse-ssors regularly trying to cut back on parts and not returning the bike to pre accident condition....AAMI never touch my quote's and if there is any doubt wether damage was caused in the accident or not they always say "just fix it anyway"

Yea but they don't do third party fire and theft :)

You've gotta take me for a ride one day :(

Hahah get a helmet and we'll talk, saw your baby around uni a couple times its funny cause there is another R34 like yours but I can tell them apart now, his is not as clean as yours

I've been umming and arring about getting a bike for the past year, and seriously weighing it up for the past few months. Cars dont do it for me anymore.

Was this your first bike?

First Road Bike, yea

yes but if your getting full comp try aami...thats what i was getting at

I'm not cant afford it to expensive for 21

I'm 21 man... $700. Seriously there will be someone out there who is at least older than you and can make your premium go down even just a little. Way better to spend the time looking for them and get a cheaper comp than a standard 3rd party. To the best of my knowledge it makes no difference to the older 'rider' on you policy if you claim under your name or not which means you might just be able to get someone at a ride to be on it.

Most insurance companies don't do 3rd party only because of the rep bikes have.

I'm 21 man... $700. Seriously there will be someone out there who is at least older than you and can make your premium go down even just a little. Way better to spend the time looking for them and get a cheaper comp than a standard 3rd party. To the best of my knowledge it makes no difference to the older 'rider' on you policy if you claim under your name or not which means you might just be able to get someone at a ride to be on it.

Most insurance companies don't do 3rd party only because of the rep bikes have.

I actually really don't other than my SAU buds my friend reach is limited to uni students. I'm an overseas student (whom speaks perfect English I might add and doesn't sound like and asian :(). So all family and relitives are either interstaet or overseas. Plus there is the small thing that none of my family knows about the bike and would probably kill me when they find out that I actually didn't' buy that 2.0L ford focus lol. Finding third party isn't my problem, it's finding third party fire & theft so far I've found 3 companies that do it Swann but the rates for that is ridiculous and I should just get fully comp, Insuremyride which is better but I have to get two plans to get that cover which I find is stupid and suncorp but I have to go in and get a quote so I don't know how much that is going to be.

hrmmmm, tough call indeed... I might have to have a brainstorm about some mates who would fit the bill... might come at a small fee is all since you don't know them, but would make a difference.

hrmmmm, tough call indeed... I might have to have a brainstorm about some mates who would fit the bill... might come at a small fee is all since you don't know them, but would make a difference.

Wow that is very generous of you but I don't know I wouldn't want to get anyone in trouble, I might just have to take the leap and get third party :(. I really appreciate all that you have already done for me and all the advice. Now just to see which insurance company has the best policy.

I actually really don't other than my SAU buds my friend reach is limited to uni students. I'm an overseas student (whom speaks perfect English I might add and doesn't sound like and asian :) ). So all family and relitives are either interstaet or overseas. Plus there is the small thing that none of my family knows about the bike and would probably kill me when they find out that I actually didn't' buy that 2.0L ford focus lol. Finding third party isn't my problem, it's finding third party fire & theft so far I've found 3 companies that do it Swann but the rates for that is ridiculous and I should just get fully comp, Insuremyride which is better but I have to get two plans to get that cover which I find is stupid and suncorp but I have to go in and get a quote so I don't know how much that is going to be.

:whistling::)

Great bike. You cant go wrong with a Honda.

Try QBE and or Shannons as well. Both my Ducati and KTM were insured by QBE - fairly cheaply and had no problems when claiming.

However I would not recommend riding without comprehensive. With bikes its not a matter of IF but WHEN.......unfortunately thats the reality of it these days.

Everyone gets into bikes saying they will be responsible and it will never happen to me. But more often not its not yourself you have to worry about.

Track days are where its at, or get in to riding in groups such as those on www.netrider.net.au.

Enjoy and keep an eye out!

Dude,

Get full comp! Especially on a new bike like that....It could be alittle thing like a....I parked the bike in my garage and went to put the kickstand down and the kickstand didnt fully go down and awwwww....$1000 for new flaring on the left, Indicator stalk, broken mirrior etc..... Or at a set of lights went to put foot down and the oil or tram line on the road made my foot slip and awwwwww.... Bikes are totally different too cars....one little tiny mistakes, adds too alot of $$$$ you will be shocked at genuine replacement cost for bikes....

Nice ride, dont mean to bust your bubble but I have seen it happen too many times, people think $20k for brand new bike but they dont relise how easy it is to just tip over a bike and the cost to repair is awwwwwww so ridiculous....

Those newish 600rr are really easy too ride and put the power to the ground....Your gonna love it, plus you should look at going on a track day, not to cane your bike but to learn how she really handles, you will get alot out of a track day. They have slow runs(through out the day at different times) for people with little experience too, so dont be worried your not fast enough. You will learn alot...Plus your confidence will grow and you will be able to talk to others who will be able to give you tips and tricks to ride better...On the street just keep eyes open and enjoy the ride... My only advice and I know ill probably get knocked for this is get some pipes on her, she will go better and the most important thing is cars and other people will know you are there on the road....some car drivers cant see you but if they hear you coming its alot safer IMO....

Dr Drft....