SAU Community

Black Smoked Dan Power Lost @ 5k Rpm Onwards..

Cefi_A31

guys..just wanna make it as simple explanation of my situation...

in 1st gear...

1. rev the engine with no boost ----> car jerks, lost power when reach 4.5/5k rpm

2. rev the engine with boost and half throttle (boost steady at 0.7 bar)-----> same as above with missfire

3. rev the engine with boost and full throttle (boost steady at 0.7 bar)-----> same as above plus got black smoked

when cruising in 4th gear....wanna overtake cars

1. floor the throttle and car jerks and no power at all as above symptom (boost reading steady show full boost) and rpm hard to climb to 5k....can't even overtake the cars....

2. gently floor the throttle back and maintain the boost at 0.1 bar and the engine can built up power, rpm can reach 5k and overtake the car...

so what actually happen....? please guide me.... :D

sounds like one of the 3 following issues, or a combination of more than one:

1: spark plugs are worn, gap is too big and creating a miss. solution: new plugs or regap the old ones

2: coil packs are shot (most likely). solution: new coils

3: ignitor pack is shot (least likely). solution: new ignitor pack.

there is also a possibility it is the AFM as well. when they play up the car goes into limp mode and won't rev past about 4500rpm, but it also won't rev past that if you simply rev the car with the clutch in (depending on whether the problem is intermittent or constant).

thanks mate....a post/suggestion/comment here really give me a light at the end of a tunnel... :)

well i will change the coilpacks as suggested.....just bought one set as spare couple of weeks ago...just cross my finger and hope it will settle down my probs....

my RB20 wont rev past 2300RPM when the afm is unplugged so i would be leaning away from AFM if you are getting to 4500. most likely coil packs or sparkplugs. it might be an idea to buy new plugs anyway if you havnt changed them for a while as the electrodes tend to wear out on one side and in effect increase your gap so increasing the chance of missfire. plugs are cheap as chips so replace them and your new coil packs at the same time and listen to her purr! haha