SAU Community

Heartbreak Again!

Tommmo

Sometimes you have to wonder what these so called professionals are doing when building these engines when a backyard builder with no certification can build an engine that puts out 350+kw at the wheels, has done 2 years and 24,000kms so far.....touch wood.

Good luck and I hope you will have the beast sorted out!

there's been a few other issues that occurred during the build which have now made me lose all confidence in his workmanship.

1. When he installed the oil pump, he fitted the wrong gasket, causing it to leak instantly on start up, to his credit he did fix this

2. The extended sump which he welded himself had started leaking within a week (he didn't fix)

3. Now this knock..

Three strikes your out I believe?

So why did you get the engine built by someone that has no experience with the RB26?

Often the cheapest build will reward you with an expensive lesson.

The RB26 is a simple engine, and being 20 something years old and internally simple, there are no secrets to making one work.

You should have paid a bit extra and gone to an engine builder that has produced some quick and durable RBs with runs on the board :thumbsup:

So why did you get the engine built by someone that has no experience with the RB26?

Often the cheapest build will reward you with an expensive lesson.

The RB26 is a simple engine, and being 20 something years old and internally simple, there are no secrets to making one work.

You should have paid a bit extra and gone to an engine builder that has produced some quick and durable RBs with runs on the board :thumbsup:

Couldnt agree more, I should have gone to an RB expert, however it wasn't a decision based on pricing. I had received a number of quotes, all within the same vicinity.

I truly believed that this person knew what they were doing, he has produced loads of motors with great success

• 5 months later...

im bringing sexy back! YEAH!

book tow truck... Check!

book workshop... Check!

call Paul... Check!

after 5 months, its time to take the dust off and get it running again.

All the enthusiasm's back! :D

im bringing sexy back! YEAH!

book tow truck... Check!

book workshop... Check!

call Paul... Check!

after 5 months, its time to take the dust off and get it running again.

All the enthusiasm's back! :D

Good.

Now hurry the fark up and get her rebuilt :P

your gonna love pauls work! hes such a champ! he STILL contacting me to see how im going and what im doing next. also hooking me up an external oil pump :P

yeh, you can tell he loves doing what he does

each time I speak with him, it ends up in a half hour plus convo haha

paul (swiper the fox) is building my monster (800-1000hp 2.8) his expertise and knowledge of rb's, mostly rb26s is 2nd to none...

id take this offer up in a flash.... with fuel pump, power fc and injectors u wil b good for 350 to 400kw all day with those -5's

p.s tommo's engine builder n tuner r totally unrelated for those who dont know

Can't wait to see it done Jake. Gotta finally give that diff we imported a thrashing :)

I'd definitely be begging Swiper to build my donk if I had a GT-R. The proof is in the pudding :) The offer is a moving one, even for someone not directly involved. Well done Swiper :)

thommo,

i used newcastle freight forwarding as they have a depot right next to pauls workshop.

i have a tray tilt on my end and a normal on there end (as they have a fork lift) and it was about 200-300.

was 3day turnaround.

http://www.newcastlefreight.com.au/

also if u need a box to put it in i have his one he used to send my engine to me!

so u can have that!?

thommo,

i used newcastle freight forwarding as they have a depot right next to pauls workshop.

i have a tray tilt on my end and a normal on there end (as they have a fork lift) and it was about 200-300.

was 3day turnaround.

http://www.newcastlefreight.com.au/

also if u need a box to put it in i have his one he used to send my engine to me!

so u can have that!?

cheers for that.. if you could please pm your contact details and i'll swing past within the next few days and take it off your hands

send the box back where it came from!