SAU Community

Autometer Wideband Air Fuel Ratio Gauge Into A Gts25t R33

Hi guys,

I recently purchased an Autometer WIDEBAND air fuel ratio gauge for my R33 GTS25T series 2 and I want to know what would be the best way to set it up.

Should I leave the factory oxygen sensor for the factory ecu, drill the dump pipe and weld on the bung for the wide band oxygen sensor that came with the gauge, install and run that sensor seperately for the gauge, OR just remove the factory oxygen sensor, fit the wide band oxygen sensor in its place and hook up the signal wire from the back of the gauge straight into the ecu ?

The only problem with that is, the factory oxygen has an output of 0-1 volt whereas the gauge's signal wire has an output range of 0-4 volts..... is there any way of running the ecu off the gauge's signal wire OR would I have to run two seperate oxygen sensors - the factory unit for the ecu and wide band unit for the gauge ?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

you need to run 2 different o2 sensors if you plan on having decent fuel economy. if you don't mind using the extra fuel of not having the ecu run on closed loop then you could just put the wideband sensor in the stock sensor hole.

sorry to hijack mate but i was keen to replace my oxy sensor in my 33 turbo... i noticed there is one at the turbo and one near the cat, are they both oxy sensors and must be replaced or only the 3 wire one near the turbine?

sorry to hijack mate but i was keen to replace my oxy sensor in my 33 turbo... i noticed there is one at the turbo and one near the cat, are they both oxy sensors and must be replaced or only the 3 wire one near the turbine?

Isnt the one on the cat a temp sensor ? or is that a oxygen sensor as well ??

temp sensor can be disconnected. they are only to warn you of an overheating cat. all they do is trigger a light on the dash and they often malfunction causing the light tom come on when you hit a bump. the ecu doesn't use them for anything.

nissan if you want a top notch one. or if you want to save about $50 go a NGK one. can get them through most car parts places (autobarn, repco, etc). if they are a bit useless and tell you that they can't get them for a skyline then order one for a SSS pulsar. they are the same part number.