SAU Community

Autech's Rb26 Version (c34?) Vs M35 Autech

bLaQ.bOi

hey guys, so ive finally got enough mula to get my stagea work/tow slug happening

now ive had a r32 GTR before and i LOVE LOVE LOVE RB26!!!

HOWEVER... you cannot beat new technology...

so my question to people who have driven or owned both... what should i go for?

the m35 or the c34?

if i get the m34 i have enough money to put a r34 front on (put aside 5 g's for that) although i dont know who can get the genuine masa kits in...

anyway

do i stick with the mighty rb26? or do i get with the times and go with new techology.

now im not looking for huggeeee power n what not... not going to mod it much. as im buying a track car...

over all. old vs new?

which one

thanks guys

Edited by bLaQ.bOi

For towing?

No contest, go the C34.

M35 has an alloy sub frame, so not good for a tow car.

Chad will be able to tell you how his c34 tows hit 32! From what I head it's very very good! My 260 was the best car I've driven, so much fun!

lol you'll need more then 5 g for the front end conversion.. And maybe it's just me, but iv noticed everyone that does it goes over the budget because once its apart...they decide to add to the engine...and so the enetiable happens and more(alot more) then 5 grand is spent.

Other then that i wish i could comment on whats better the C34 or M35, but i cant. Based on what looks sick, id go the M35. Based on performance and still a awsome if not equal good looks with right amount of cash, C34.

lol you'll need more then 5 g for the front end conversion.. And maybe it's just me, but iv noticed everyone that does it goes over the budget because once its apart...they decide to add to the engine...and so the enetiable happens and more(alot more) then 5 grand is spent.

Hahaha, +1

IMO, The c34 for towing. Also the ease of finding replacement parts, since they share so much in common with the Skylines. This makes repairs/mods more cost effective. The c34 is still a very comfortable car upto 6"2' drivers height with sunroof's (If I was any taller I wouldnt fit into my car), thats if you want sunroof's.

As for the front end conversion...

Check the last link on the first post for a rough price... here this is just the ccubed version (all fibre glass) and I think it is minus paint and fitment.

If you want to go down the Genuine r34 GTR parts route, the only fibre glass you will be using is the conversion fenders, which you can get from ccubed (pretty sure they used Darrins masa guards to make their moulds). then open your wallet for OEM bonett, frontbar, rad support (which you will use only half of), bonett latch and stay, headlights, front indicators and side indicators. then pay for fitment (unless you do it yourself, but be warned you have to shave 15 - 20 mm off the front skirts once you get the radiator support off your car). Then paint you will have to blend the front doors. No doubt while your there you will want to put on a front mount (because the front of the gtr bar looks silly without one), and make up heaps of little brackets to mount everything in the normal position (thermo, bonett lock support and auto trans cooler)... your 5G budget can quite quickly disapear.... :banana:

thank for the info guys. c34 it is... now to find one in japan... nothing on the auctions atm

as for the front end conv. i jsut want to get teh masa sports kit. the front end kit... but goodluck finding someone who brings them in. otherwise ill have to doit myself like you described...thanks for giving me info on the parts i need. my good mate is a panel beater and another is a spray painter. so were going to do it together, i wont be charged labour. just materials. im a metal fabricator so brackets and things will be easy as for me to knock up... i really realy realy want one.

i assumed all 260rs' come with sunroofs?

260rs's dont come with sunroof's at all, they use the same body as an rsfours (i think i read somewhere) but without sunroofs. Where are you located?

thank for the info guys. c34 it is... now to find one in japan... nothing on the auctions atm

as for the front end conv. i jsut want to get teh masa sports kit. the front end kit... but goodluck finding someone who brings them in.

im in melbourne.

Have you contacted Arron at Import Monster yet?

They would be able to source the Masa kit and bring it over in one of their containers.

You could then pick it up from their warehouse in Bayswater so save on postage :thumbsup: