SAU Community

Dark Tint

saweeet4DR

Im looking at getting my 32 tinted next week and have gone to tint-a-car but i want darker then their darkest legal 35% tint plus the guy said no one does limo/dark tints anymore in WA(which is crap) and ive also looked at TKO but didnt see what i wanted on their website....

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place,prefer SOR,i dont want anything crazy like 5-10% but dont want the 35% 'still see in the car job'..

Edited by saweeet4DR

You didnt expect TKO to ADVERTISE illegal tint on their website now did you ?

TKO will do it.

Mine came from Japan with a 20% on the sides and rear

LUCKY! :ninja:

You only get away with it because R34s have stained glass, dont you?

otherwise you wouldn't have passed pits (or it would have been removed on compliance) :P

It's not illegal to sell dark tint, you just can't drive around on the streets with dark tint. Companies should still advertise/be able to supply you with dark tint for purposes like show cars or whatever..

Im looking at getting my 32 tinted next week and have gone to tint-a-car but i want darker then their darkest legal 35% tint plus the guy said no one does limo/dark tints anymore in WA(which is crap) and ive also looked at TKO but didnt see what i wanted on their website....

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place,prefer SOR,i dont want anything crazy like 5-10% but dont want the 35% 'still see in the car job'..

why would you want to make a cop bait car even more attractive to the cops?

keep the tint legal it's a lot less hassle

why would you want to make a cop bait car even more attractive to the cops?

keep the tint legal it's a lot less hassle

Yeh ur right there mate,I dont want attention from the fuzz,but i have a power fc with hand controller and a few other electrical goodies easily visible when u look in the windows so i just want to hide them and the legal tint juz dont do it so i want to go darker.Ive seen limo style and lighter style tints on a number of skylines lately so im wondering how they go (and i was driving besides a black 33 last week that had daaaark dark tint on it and the cops driving behind him but left it alone,tho the driver was grannying it :) .. my mates rex has had 10% on it for the last 3 years and not a yellow yet so i guess its a hit n miss thing....

Thanx 4 the replies and reco's peepz..

Yeh ur right there mate,I dont want attention from the fuzz,but i have a power fc with hand controller and a few other electrical goodies easily visible when u look in the windows so i just want to hide them and the legal tint juz dont do it so i want to go darker.Ive seen limo style and lighter style tints on a number of skylines lately so im wondering how they go (and i was driving besides a black 33 last week that had daaaark dark tint on it and the cops driving behind him but left it alone,tho the driver was grannying it :) .. my mates rex has had 10% on it for the last 3 years and not a yellow yet so i guess its a hit n miss thing....

Thanx 4 the replies and reco's peepz..

I have gauges and everything on my dash and got my car tinted at tko and have never had a problem, you can actually barely see in. Just get the darkest legal stuff and save yourself the hassle of yellow stickers. Limo tint will also make it really hard to see out of the car at night, to the point that you will not be able to see where you are going.