SAU Community

Air Con Woes

Conrad 2NR

I have a RB25DET swap in my A31.

Depending on speed and time of day the cabin temperature can be pretty uncomfortable.

At idle, the compressor comes on with the switch however it can be heard coming on and off around approx 2k rpm, I'm not sure if it comes back on higher up in the power band as my exhaust is pretty loud.

I am using the air con compressor that came with the RB25 and not the RB20 one if that makes a diff.

Does anyone have a clue as to what the problem may be? I appreciate any help that anyone may offer.

change back to the rb20 compressor if you can? sounds like wiring issues though? i'm assuming it was fine with the rb20 in?

Lines are already changed to accommodate the RB25 compressor and the RB20 was sold yesterday. :P

ok well you need wiring diagrams of each then to make sure all the wires are in correct places , being nissan they would be very similar? , if it isn't in the wiring then the only places left to look are the compressor itself or the a/c controls (which tie in with the wiring really) . 'sounds' (by the description) like the clutches are stuffed in the pulley though

*you might get better replies in the maintainence forum?*

Edited by toffy