SAU Community

Hey Im Melanie

mel53x

Screw with the windows first, you mentioned they are an easy way to unlock the car.

No I didn't, I never mentioned how you unlock the car. I simple said due to the windows. However if you look in the DIY section there is a massive thread that gives step by step details on how you can get into a Skyline through the windows and how to get around it. Maybe go post in there having a bitch about it.

Then hotwire the turbo timer, right? Cool, now I'm started.

But damn, I can't get through the steering lock without trying to force it. "Snap" - Ah well, I'll find another Skyline and do a better job next time.

If you know how to hotwire a car, you know how to hotwire a turbo timer. This aint magic. Any kid can do it and if you think it's some sort of secret wake up to the real world. As for the steering lock, I never mentioned that and "snapping" the steering lock is a hell of a lot harder than you may think.

Hence I have 2 smashed cars from people who fail at trying. They thought they knew, but they did not.

That is your problem, not mine. Car security is the owners resposibility. Buy an alarm, park the car in a safer place, deter the thieves. At the end of the day any 5 year old can smash a car window with a brick and rip something out of your car so stop bitching about it to me when I simply tell you a truth. It isn't like I said "If you rub a Skyline's rear quarter panel with your palm anti-clockwise three times all the doors unlock and the car starts".

stop bitching. PM-R33's guide to hotwiring (LOL) was vague at best. i cant believe you're having a go at him over this.

if you think you're going to stop thieves by removing thieving tips from the internet, you're fighting a losing battle. your time would be better spent researching better methods of security.

anyway. HI MELANIE. excuse the chimps. they cant help themselves :(

Lol. I'm fealing like I have exposed some ancient black magic secret on how a vehicle operates. "Fuel plus ignition, NO WAY!!"

Edited by PM-R33

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i cant believe you're having a go at him over this.

Depends what you call having a go. I was reading threads earlier where people are discussing how others deserve to die over their driving habits, or opinions. Read any thread where someone's been pinged for something, I think you'll know what I mean, so draw your line. I personally don't feel I'm 'having a go' - But moreso raiding counter awareness. Apologies if this boils anybody.

your time would be better spent researching better methods of security.

^ A good fact, hence both times my cars have been smashed up, and not completely stolen. I immob the turbo timer hence they don't get far. I end up with the bill. Possibly they attempted to follow poorly detailed posts on forums, at best.

If you know how to hotwire a car, you know how to hotwire a turbo timer. This aint magic.

Hence steering locks (by which I mean ignition barrels) are illegal right? Whats the diff between hot wiring a car and a turbo timer? I think you answered that yourself prior.

That is your problem, not mine. Car security is the owners resposibility. At the end of the day any 5 year old can smash a car window with a brick and rip something out of your car so stop bitching about it to me when I simply tell you a truth.

They didn't brick and rip my car. They gained forced entry, on one car ruined the ignition lock trying to start it, the other they pulled the cabling out from under the wheel (causing decent damage there) and still failed. If only the world was so perfect like yours and they 'did' only brick and rip, I'd at least understand them a bit better. On the same token I'd also know they now have what they wanted, and won't come back unless more stuff ends up in the car.

And again, this is bitching? Really? Look around. Draw a line on bitching. I call this a half decent debate, but you're focusing on the 'flame trolling' side of things and frankly mate, they are non existent from me.

Edited by GTRPowa

I was going to let this go on my last post but if you want to continue this debate I gladly will.

Hence steering locks are illegal right? Whats the diff between hot wiring a car and a turbo timer? I think you answered that yourself prior.

What has steering locks got to do with anything we are talking about? Steering locks prevent the thief from rotating the steering wheel due to it hitting on the inside of the car...umm yep, your point?

I don't understand this entire sentence. You are telling me that hotwiring a car and hotwiring a car through a turbo timer is the same thing? Didn't I allready make that clear in my last two posts hence I don't understand what the big fuss is about with me mentioning it?

At no point did I draw diagrams or show which wires to put together on a specific car make or model. The question was why was a turbo timer illegal, I explained it and gave a very quick summary. You might aswell ring up Hollywood and debate with them about them showing cars being hotwired in movies since that is essentially the same thing you are doing here.

They didn't brick and rip my car. They gained forced entry, on one car ruined the ignition lock trying to start it, the other they pulled the cabling out from under the wheel (causing decent damage there) and still failed. If only the world was so perfect like yours and they 'did' only brick and rip, I'd at least understand them a bit better. On the same token I'd also know they now have what they wanted, and won't come back unless more stuff ends up in the car.

So obviously they had no idea what they were doing.... so your point is and this relates to me how?

And again, this is bitching? Really? Look around. Draw a line on bitching. I call this a half decent debate, but you're focusing on the 'flame trolling' side of things and frankly mate, they are non existent from me.

I don't call this half a decent debate since you haven't actually laid out your argument, you are simply drawings straws. You tried to make it appear like I have done something that may increase the chance of theft of possibly a car you own. Pretty sure I proved the 1 million websites on Google showing pictures and video on what hotwiring is and how it all works. I think your point about this type of information being posted on the internet has sailed about a decade ago.

Please continue with a rebuttal, but I feel this is going to go around in circles.

Edited by PM-R33

...I don't call this half a decent debate since you haven't actually laid out your argument...

Well I have completely wasted my time. Enjoy your day, do a writeup on stealing cars and breaking the law. If you add how to get away with it, I'll read it.

Until then I'll just keep fixing my property that gets damaged from cowboy thieves who learn how to steal cars off the internet, with poorly described instructions as previously pointed out above.

Thanks for your time,

Lol typical debater. You have no ground on which to stand on so you simply end it at that, but I am glad since this was going no where.

Sorry about my poor instructions, PM some details of people you don't get along with and I will gladly email them a step by step guide on how to break into your R32 and steal it so you aren't dissapointed over the fact some one tried to steal your car but failed :)