SAU Community

quick question for people with carbon fibre bonnet

nicknick

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly that would of been the last thing i thought you would of said, different story if you had told me it was a defect unit or something doing a blitz. I drove my car around with no front bar and my cfb while having xenons and not once have I been pulled over. I guess it a question of wrong time wrong place.

I'm from Hornsby. Stupid thing was I got rounded up by 2 patrol cars in a god damn servo station in Waitara. I wasnt even driving. One officer was ok to me but the others were absolute ciunts.

Did they even know what they were defecting??

Y didnt u just say yes the car was imported with the bonnet and complied?

You should have also asked him which ADR does it need to compy to, coz they wouldnt have a clue about ADR's

Hey,

I had a carbon bonnet on my Lancer GSR for almost a year - never had any problems with rain or water. The bonnet was a EVO 3 copy so it had vent over air filter and big stepped vents in the middle towards the front..

Cheers

Jono

I've lied to cops before and got busted big time, so wasnt too keen to lie again. Anyway, got it cleared fine without hassles (friend of a friend deal), but it's still illegal for street use.

They make up shit when fining us so give it back to them.

mxfly: can you just paint over the bonnet and put it back on?... that way it will look like a normal bonnet with vents and they won't know 5hit!... lol...

I know you lose the whole carbon fibre look this way but might be worth it?

DJ984,

Yeah I can paint over it and I'm sure it'll attract much less attention. But I have now found someone to pass any defects I might get in the future, so I think I'll just leave it for the time being.

stupid cops, defected my bonnet last sunday on the M5 freeway. including wheels, front numberplate( wasnt on) exhaust, and full inspection needed,

HOW FUNNY now it costs me another $100 bucks to clear them all, ( like mxfly said friend of a friend)

stupid cops, defected my bonnet last sunday on the M5 freeway. including wheels, front numberplate( wasnt on) exhaust, and full inspection needed,

HOW FUNNY now it costs me another $100 bucks to clear them all, ( like mxfly said friend of a friend)

On the M5 with no front number plate + defectable mods......Who is the stupid one here ???

What did they say about the high mount t78?

dear 51jay , you think im the stupid one for not having the front number plate on, dont you know when you race your car on the street you always have the front numberplate off and report it stolen so if you get away from cops you can always say it wasnt you, stupido duck.

anyways the cop didnt open the bonnet, only external mods, warned me about the monster tacho but i told him to book me if he wanted and he let me off this time.

lucky me whoopdy dooo

dear 51jay , you think im the stupid one for not having the front number plate on, dont you know when you race your car on the street you always have the front numberplate off and report it stolen so if you get away from cops you can always say it wasnt you, stupido duck.

anyways the cop didnt open the bonnet, only external mods, warned me about the monster tacho but i told him to book me if he wanted and he let me off this time.

lucky me  whoopdy dooo

So the cops can't read your rear plate???

Street racing! Confirms my suspicion that you are stupid, If you'r in the habit of acting illegally...you have no valid complaint if the cops adopt the habit of harrassing you.

Unfortunately people like you are the basic cause of police harrassment of all of us

why would you think its people like me that casue police harrasment, for 1 you have no idea who i am, for 2 if you had a car with only little balls you might fo out with a few cars for a cruise and some racing, but obviously your some sour puss that ownes a gemini and likes to keep it as stock as possible, so please keep your mouth shut if you havnt got a comment about the bonnet please, your making yourself out to be something your not, other than a complete pansy.......

Hmmmm! You'r an obnoxious little pr*ck aren't you.

I've replied to this in the "10 sec GTR" thread in the Forced induction Performance forum as it seemed more appropiate.