SAU Community

Gt8 Struts

I've just changed my struts and springs on my series 1 350GT8,

I'm surprised to find the factory struts in red instead of the usual black.

The springs are standard as far as I can tell but I do feel that the car roll less on these factory struts then compared to my previous 300GT.

They have the Unisun/Nissan stamp on it.

Anybody here knows if they're some kind of factory upgrade option for the GT8s?

Thanks!

IMG_1710.JPG

IMG_1709.JPG

any chance these will be for sale soon? gotta source some struts and spring as mine is making some noise.

yes they're for sale ... i'm just trying to source for more infor on what it's worth now, i don't think it's much but it's fair price.

Unisia Jecs.... rings a bell, some kind of motorsport parts manufacturer in Japan, remembered it from one of the usual decals on JTC cars

unisia jecs manufacture a whole heaps of brands. they are probably nismo struts. i would say something like an S tune.

R tune has blue struts with yellow springs. S tune is usually silver struts with red springs.

unisia jecs manufacture a whole heaps of brands. they are probably nismo struts. i would say something like an S tune.

R tune has blue struts with yellow springs. S tune is usually silver struts with red springs.

oh gosh ...

the new struts I've put in are the silver nismo s tune struts

And I just compared the nismo ones with these red ones .. the stamps are in the same location and in the same wording layout and style, complete with 'nissan' and 'unisia'

only difference is the nismo one has the 'nismo' sticker on it and the red one is in the same colour as my 350GT8 ....

I'll really like to hear from other GT8 owners what they have on their car .. maybe it is a standard for GT8s to be upgraded to nismo struts from the factory and so comes in the same colour as the car itself?

well ... looks like I might as well should had just change the springs alone!? :)

Edited by nissan rules

dun be too excited.....

u sounded like me when i just changed mine to 350z shocks and springs...excited with the possibility that it was an aftermarket or oem hi-spec option due to the red paint....

reality is, they r just the stock standard shocks....mine r sitting in my room collecting dust at the moment...

do u have a factory nismo bodykit as well? cos my GT8 has the full nismo bodykit....Maybe these red shocks came with the oem nismo upgrade option???? having said that, the red shocks r too soft to be performance shocks...

they might be soft, but they could be more firm than a standard shock.

its entirely possible that someone ticked a nismo box when they bought the car. unless ALL V35 shocks are like that. anyway, youve upgraded, worse case is you have brand new shocks, not something 5 years old

they might be soft, but they could be more firm than a standard shock.

its entirely possible that someone ticked a nismo box when they bought the car. unless ALL V35 shocks are like that. anyway, youve upgraded, worse case is you have brand new shocks, not something 5 years old

.. definately firmer then the standard shocks that our 300GT had.

Even though the springs look standard and the ride height normal, the 350GT8 has less roll around corners with these red ones.

Anyways, these are up for sale $200 with the springs thrown in though I would match them with firmer lower springs.