SAU Community

32 Gtr Diff Lost Lsd..... Needs A Rebuild

As title says....

my r32 GTR diff lost LSD ..... needs a rebuild and want it tighter more like 70ftlbs not the crappy 40ftlbs from factory

who is the best person to see to rebuild it ?????? and what sorta costs am i looking at?

im located in brisbane

Cheers Aaron

www.difflap.com.au

ph33594701

62 Boothby Street

Kedron, Brisbane

Are you taking the diff out yourself? At the end of a rebuild you might be looking at 2 grand (they'll preset your breaking load at where you ask them), or you could look at getting a kaas 1.5way for about 1350 and redoing bearings and seals for about the same. I'm considering my options with this issue myself at the moment, have you got your own garage facilities do do your own work?

Yer i do have access to a workshop with tools at work, and yer i do my own work, but would prefer to get a someone who does diffs everyday, as they are easy to screw up the distances for the crwon wheel and pinion gears, buy yer i'd take it out my self ang give it to them to do....

wow, i agree, $2k seems way to expensive........... i gave option 1 garage a call and they said starting at $300 for replacing the clutch packs and.. but without pulling it apart could be more....

when i was down at superlap the other weekend, i was speaking to a chik down there who ran a gearbox and diff overhal workshop in sydney, and she told me $250 and they replace the clutchpacks with nismo ones, and tighten them to what ever specs u wanted.....

so i was wondering if anyone up here in brissie was like that.............

Yer i do have access to a workshop with tools at work, and yer i do my own work, but would prefer to get a someone who does diffs everyday, as they are easy to screw up the distances for the crwon wheel and pinion gears, buy yer i'd take it out my self ang give it to them to do....

wow, i agree, $2k seems way to expensive........... i gave option 1 garage a call and they said starting at $300 for replacing the clutch packs and.. but without pulling it apart could be more....

when i was down at superlap the other weekend, i was speaking to a chik down there who ran a gearbox and diff overhal workshop in sydney, and she told me $250 and they replace the clutchpacks with nismo ones, and tighten them to what ever specs u wanted.....

so i was wondering if anyone up here in brissie was like that.............

it's not going to cost 2 grand for a shim adjustment (more like 200), but my costing is based on what I wanted for my car, which includes some remachining of components, new bearings and seals etc. Give the guy a call, he's happy to let you know your options. There are probably more diff shops around too but no one seems to have posted any up...