SAU Community

R33 Exhaust Muffler

Curtis.Cow

hey guys, ive been looking at mufflers for a couple of months now and i want to know if the xforce dual tip varex is good for a r33 GTST, or is there a better muffler for the car, that still sounds good. i dont want a cannon, i dont fancy them much... any addvice would be good,

also im going to be getting a new cat, is the xforce one the way to go aswell, i dont really have a price limit, but nothing really stupidly over priced =]

cheers guyssss

genuine Nissan cat i have heard actually flows just as well as most so called hi-flow cats

keeping genuine will also reduce your chance of having to do emissions testing f you get yellow stickered

Don't get anything X-Force! Useless stuff.

High-flow cats; Metal Cat have a pretty good reputation, as do Catco and CES Racing. But effectively i think if the insides are metal and not ceramic then it will be ok. I don't pay much attention to the flow ratings and things they have, there is very little truth in any of it, and it is very hard to pick the ones that are true. Have a read of the info on this page: http://www.metalcat.com.au/

Can't really recommend much in the way of mufflers, i'm all about cannons :)

Edited by Hanaldo

hahah, cannons are just so big and in your face :) i want something abit more discrete :) cheers for that peice there :O imma read myself up and then try find another brand that does a good dual tip for a r33 =(

xforce make good exhaust systems, i dont know about the efficiency of their cats (who needs a cat anyway? :rofl:) but the quality of the turbo back exhaust systems is very good, look good, sound good, and fit perfect

3" ceramic xforce supposed "race" cat, cost me power and response on my 30det and that was only making 183rwkw at the time, not like it was a powerhouse.