SAU Community

Anyone Have Some Free Time For Advice?

Borci88

Hey guys thinking about purchasing my third car now, second skyline, if anyone remembers I was the one who bought the R33 GTS-4 that was riddled with rust.

I'm now thinking about inspecting an R32 on Sunday and wondering if anyone can add me on MSN to discuss the car and anything I should look out for, I'd rather get to know some of you anyway rather than read a Wiki Guide. Only if you have some free time :blink:

Cheers guys.

Borci88.

i wouldnt recommend racv...id go with stateroads like james said..

True.. but $500 for an inspection is getting pretty pricey, I'm willing to pay out for certain mechanical things I just wanna make sure everything works and isn't gonna break down tomorrow and nothing dodgy is happening, I'm not after a GTR here otherwise I definitely would be.

think about it, would you rather pay $500 for a full check which could possibly save you from buying a lemon, or get racv to check it and they miss somthing then you buy the car and it ends up costing you $1000 or somthing. better safe then sorry man..im fortunet i have an uncle whos a mechanic who looked over myn before i got it.

think about it, would you rather pay $500 for a full check which could possibly save you from buying a lemon, or get racv to check it and they miss somthing then you buy the car and it ends up costing you $1000 or somthing. better safe then sorry man..im fortunet i have an uncle whos a mechanic who looked over myn before i got it.

Mmm yeah you are right, I'll see if I'll even go ahead with a check beforehand if it's not already a lemon visually. Otherwise I might ask my mechanic to come out as well.

True.. but $500 for an inspection is getting pretty pricey, I'm willing to pay out for certain mechanical things I just wanna make sure everything works and isn't gonna break down tomorrow and nothing dodgy is happening, I'm not after a GTR here otherwise I definitely would be.

$500??? Where did you get that? Unless then went up over the last year I think you got you numbers wrong, I paid $215 for mine!

EDIT: Check my old thread Clicky Clicky!! the report is VERY worth it!

EDIT2: MY BAD... "All comprehensive PrePurchase Vehicle inspections come with ($500 / 30 day Warranty)" - Yea thats what I was thinking too, Nicks right, it's just how much they "cover"

its not $500

i payed about $300 for a full inspection (panel and mechanical) when i was buying my evo

edit: had a look on the website it says - All comprehensive PrePurchase Vehicle inspections come with ($500 / 30 day Warranty)

its just a $500 warrenty

its not $500

i payed about $300 for a full inspection (panel and mechanical) when i was buying my evo

edit: had a look on the website it says - All comprehensive PrePurchase Vehicle inspections come with ($500 / 30 day Warranty)

its just a $500 warrenty

Oh well there you go proves how much research I've done on Professional Inspections, so say I wanted a basic inspection done I'd be looking at 200-300?

I'd be happy with that come to think of it.

you would have to contact them cause they dont have pricing up anymore

but i think it was like $250 for mechical and $130 for panel or vice versa and $300 for both (however dont quote me on this cause it was last year)

just give them a call and ask about pricing and what inspection you want done

Oh well there you go proves how much research I've done on Professional Inspections, so say I wanted a basic inspection done I'd be looking at 200-300?

I'd be happy with that come to think of it.

I paid $215 for a VERY thorough check on a GTST, have a look at the link I posted a few posts up. and you will realize why it was the best $215 I've ever spent

I had state roads do an inspection on a GTR i bought. Was around $300 and the guy was there inspecting the car for a total of 40min. Alot better to take it to a workshop that know skylines and will take the time to put it up on a hoist and do a thorough inspection. Most likely will be alot cheaper than $300 aswell.

goodluck with it man!

just sus that car out as if it has auto aids. then get a mechanic to check it out

Cheers buddy, lets hope I don't get screwed over again :) I don't know if it's a good sign that this guy sounds Thai and hardly speaks english, or if it's bad, guess we'll see.

I had state roads do an inspection on a GTR i bought. Was around $300 and the guy was there inspecting the car for a total of 40min. Alot better to take it to a workshop that know skylines and will take the time to put it up on a hoist and do a thorough inspection. Most likely will be alot cheaper than $300 aswell.

....he managed to do an entire check and a compression test in 40 minutes?....oh GTR, you don't have to remove the pipe to the throttle body do you?

EDIT: Lol road trip? Make it a mini SAU meet, 20 Skyline nutters are bound to spot the faults

....he managed to do an entire check and a compression test in 40 minutes?....oh GTR, you don't have to remove the pipe to the throttle body do you?

EDIT: Lol road trip? Make it a mini SAU meet, 20 Skyline nutters are bound to spot the faults

Hahaha was just thinking that, would be good to go on a small cruise day 1 of purchase :)

Yehh exactly same thing with me... Don't know how they can justify 40min for $300.. There making more than Lawyers..!!!!!! You could pay amechanic to come look at it n do a compression for half the cost probs..

Its hardly a compression test that they do, they dont remove anything from the car! i forget what he called it when i asked, but its not the normal compression test of removing sparkplugs and cranking the engine into a compression guage.

So yeah, much better off to take to a workshop where they will do a proper compression test.

Well IMO paying someone to check out the car would be the very last thing that you'd do when you purchase a car. Wouldn't want to pay $300 for someone to check the car when you haven't even seen the car yourself.

So I reckon the first time inspection, take someone that knows about skylines with you, and check everything thoroughly yourself, if it passes your expectation, then pay the $300 to get it checked properly before buying it :)