SAU Community

Anyone Bought A New Samsung 55" 3d Tv Yet

Pal

Thinking of buying the above tv and seeing if anyone has got one and do they think its worth the money. I can get one for $3970 with 3d blue ray player and 4 glasses. i have had a go on one and im impressed. (just got to get the boss to agree)

They're a really good TV, just don't buy it for the fact that it's 3D.

It does a shit load more, get them to throw in the WIFI adapter with it, then you can

use internet TV and youtube and other stuff with more apps to come.

You can also whack an external HDD into the USB and record. And if you have an Iphone you

can download the free samsung remote app for it.

I work at Harvey Norman and that's a good price but i have seen them go for $3699 cash.

Give good marks for samsung tvs...we had an older 40' lcd that started playing up and wouldnt turn on as quick, we made a complaint and had a brand new model within a month..new one is awesome (I believe most of there newer products are) ,but yeah has internets and everything, can copy a movie on to my phone at friends house and play it straight thru the tv ,plus it can access all your media on your PC ,wireless if u like

Didnt know i could record to a hdd doobs.. are u serious, i got a series 6

...Great picture quality too..I used to wish i bought a sony but i dont anymore..

3d was only a small part of it. all the other features is what sells it for me, and i do have a iphone actually, will look into that one.

well i bought one today. ended up getting it for 3800 (incl 3d blue ray player and 4 3d glasses) also got 2 more glasses +5 yr warrenty+hdmi lead+ optical lead+ surge protector. at a grand cost of 4700. very happy with the price.

give us a quick review on it eric im planning to get one by the end of the month. is it just samsung that has 3d on the market atm. sorry havnt been keeping up with tvs since i bought an lcd when they first came out and it costs hell of a lot more than the asking price of the 3d now.

i get it on thursday but from what ive seen it has the following features

http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/tv-audi...&returnurl=

media player, usb port so can just plug in external hard drive or flash drive in and will play from that.

100/200mhz (100hz on 2d and 200hz on 3d)

up scales 2d movies to 3d (not as good as a 3d movie obviously)

extended pvr so record to external hard drive

internet tv (stuff like youtube, skype, games, ect) can actually make skype video calls from your tv with add on camera

plays tv channels (obviously)

kills all the other led's with picture quality that i seen

full wifi system with the wifi dongle (about 69bux) can connect to mobile or computer

they are the main features

really need to get down to have a look yourself and also the 2 free glasses and 3d blueray player finish at the end of this month