SAU Community

R34 4 Door B Pillar Carbon Fibre Wrap Is Faded?

bradnkaila

Hey guys' wasnt sure where to post this but just after a bit of help, has this happened to anyone else and whats the best way to fix? Pretty much im not sure if it is factory stuff or not but it's heaps faded and wanting to remove it, anyone know how or best way to. I know its pretty easy on coupes as the b pillar just pulls off, but not so easy on 4 doors.

Pretty sure the B pillars will just pull off on a 4-door as well. just need to take off some other bits with it.

usually they are in 2 halves, the bottom half may have to come off first before you can unclip the top half. try going that way about it if you want to remove it.

Really? I had a good look around thisarvo and it looked like the pillars were a part of the door frame? Also looks like I will have to remove the weather shields to do this aswell wich I didnt want to do as I know how fragile they can be lol.

Hey Brad its Christian dude those pillars where done by the bloke b4 me so I just assume they are some sticker type stuff.

Found the keys for the car too so Ill have them posted down in a few days.

Pretty sure the B pillars will just pull off on a 4-door as well. just need to take off some other bits with it.

usually they are in 2 halves, the bottom half may have to come off first before you can unclip the top half. try going that way about it if you want to remove it.

Nope - definitely not pull off - they're metal and part of the actual door. Keep in mind that sedans are not pillarless doors like coupes.

From everything I've read, the CF decals are a dealer option on sedans - it's extremely common - seen it on 70%+ of the R34 sedans I've looked at.

Anyway, there's body paint directly behind the sticker, so you really need to be very careful you don't damage the paintwork using a scraper or something if you're not planning on putting something back over the pillars again. I used a heatgun and took my time with it - last thing you want to do is damage the paintwork from being over-zealous.

If you need to remove the weathershields - take your time - they're held on with double-sided tape, and a couple of screws. It's a bit of a pain to do, but if you take your time with a heatgun and some fishing line it's doable without damaging them. I'm planning on getting my weathershields ('monsoon shields' I think they call 'em) re-sprayed or something before I re-fit because they're looking UV damaged (going purple).

My end-goal was to replace the faded old 10+ year-old CF sticker with 3M DI-NOC CF vinyl (there's a whole thread on this stuff in the cosmetic section). IMO it looks good - certainly better than it was - but each to their own:

cf-pillars.jpg

thanks for that info jrm, will give it a go soon, so all I should need to remove is the weathershields and then just heat gun it and get some fishing line under it? sounds ok just hate taking the weathershields off....10+ year old plastic isnt that fun to try and remove without damaging. lol.

Yeah, heatgun and fishing line is the usual trick to avoid damaging paintwork with things like weathershelds or badges. Worked for me :)

The CF look sticker is a lot more painful to remove (took me ages) - and then you have to remove all the sticky residue from the double-sided tape and the CF sticker too :D

(It's a shame you live in QLD too - I have a silver R34 sedan spoiler under the bed in my spare room - I upgraded to a coupe spoiler)

• 3 months later...