SAU Community

Rev Problem

honkie

Hey guys,

Just yesterday after work i start my car (havent started the engine since the morning) while warming up the car, the rev automatically jump to about 3000rpm and stayed there. Normally it'll be about under or just above 2000rpm when the car is still cold.

Just today coming back to work from lunch, realise the rev jumps and drop automaticaly while i am driving. I mean i am only crusing about 40km/h rev jump up to like 6000rpm drops and jumps again.

Anyone experienced this problem before? What could be the problem?

Much appreciate it for any help.

Edited by honkie

Is the car hopping/stuttering? Could be AFM if that's the case.

Hi,

No the car is driving fine. The sound of my exhaust is not louder while the rev is jumpimg. I can see the rev jump in the corner of my eye. It happened this morning coming to work as well but i wasnt sure. I saw it again so now im certain.

Before all this happen, my car would just shut off with the revs dropping while i switch on the car in the morning for work. It would start on the second try everytime. Funny thing is, the car would start first time during the day even if i start the car after work which it havnt been starting since the morning.

Cheers

Henry

Sh*t I'm stumped mate, sorry... can anybody else help?

Haha no one seems to know what the problem is. I spoke to couple of people already. Thanks for your help anyways bud.

Anybody else know what the problem is? Need help desperately.

Thanks

Hi,

No the car is driving fine. The sound of my exhaust is not louder while the rev is jumpimg. I can see the rev jump in the corner of my eye. It happened this morning coming to work as well but i wasnt sure. I saw it again so now im certain.

Cheers

Henry

Do you mean you see the rev counter need jump out of the corner of your eye. Is the engine actually reving up as well or just the needle on the counter dial jumping about.

Nigel

Do you mean you see the rev counter need jump out of the corner of your eye. Is the engine actually reving up as well or just the needle on the counter dial jumping about.

Nigel

Hi Nigel

No the car isnt reving at all. Just the needle jumping. Its jumping like its going nuts.

Henry

Hey guys,

Latest update. On the way home tonight, the rpm needle went ballistic. Its going past the redline it literally move all the way down like we are clocking our cars. I dont know how to explain it. The needle just keep moving up and down by itself while the car drives normal.

In need of help asap i dont wanna leave it for too long.

Thanks

Mate get another ign module and try that im 90% sure u have a bad connection in your current one causing ur rev guage to spike, my commodore done the exact same thing but i managed to re solder the dry joint. the rb20 ign modules are not repairable unless ur an expert!

also pull out both connections of the module and check for mousture etc blow it out with a compressor that could cause a problem like this

Hey guys

Thanks for the replies. Well apparently this is a common problem for r33's as i was told by my tuner. Dont know if its true. All i gonna do is change the dash itself.

See how we go.

Cheers

Edited by honkie