SAU Community

Torrent Software

GBLOCK

Lmao sorry man, I ended up hacking away at the settings being the noob I am - but it worked so I'm happy :)

im like this too,hack away till you get it right, sometimes i leave and when i come back the missus has sorted it, which is even better..I dont care as long as it works..

Utorrent FTW, had hacked azurus a while back, used to fake seeding for faster uploads, but it was never really any faster than a well set up utorrent, its all in the fine tuning...

But since i reinstalled Utorrent im having trouble surfing while it is downloading, keep getting problem loading page error, some sites work ok,but others such as SAU, dont like it running..

Edited by Arthur T3

utorrent, set my upload to 7kb and uncapped dl. Usually get over 500KBs. any less that 7k and your down speed is capped. utorrent usually uses least memory and cpu than all the other programs ive tried

utorrent, set my upload to 7kb and uncapped dl. Usually get over 500KBs. any less that 7k and your down speed is capped. utorrent usually uses least memory and cpu than all the other programs ive tried

Yeah its the new versions that do this, back when it was 1.8 or thereabouts it used to work fine with uploads at 1...

I didnt mind seeding out till optus started charging for uploads, now i cant really afford to..And now utorrent is capping its a lose/ lose situation..

Edited by Arthur T3

if you wanted to be really cheap you can set the individual torrent upload speed to 0, that would work.... atleast the versions last yr and earlier duno bout now. Also those that have bad download prices may benefit having number of connections lower to reduce the overhead that goes into requesting a slot from 100 different people non stop.

Paying for a Usenet account is defiantly a worth while alternative

A REAL privatetracker with invite only is the way to go. Nothing like 300 seeds with 2 or 3 leachers. Will max out any connection considering those guys overseas are uploading at several hundred Kbps each.

You know Oz users are being sold a "broadband" pup when there's groups out there asking for minimum 50Mbit upload users to join a project.

Rapidshare costs $, but for those with uploads counted, it's the way to go. I've seen over 2Mbit DL's on a cable connection.

Edited by Mean_R34

trackers (private or public) are easy to spoof. hell, I've had a 20:1 upload ratio on waffles (before free-leech came in) and other private trackers and I've got my torrent software set to cut off uploads after 1% has been reached.

I'm sure as shit not the only one who abuses the system, which is why I'd much rather get stuff off newsgroups like we did 20 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...