SAU Community

V35 Gt8

To all GT8 owners who are thinking about giving their CVT box a birthday!

I am planning on organising a group buy of oil, cost is around the $250 mark for 4 liters ( 8 liters required for each car ) plus shipping from Japan.

Cost of shipping will depend on how many decide to purchase.

Once we have numbers it will take around 8 weeks for orders to be delivered to Melbourne.

I would like to get this under way asap as I am at 72000k's and would like to complete the service at 80000k's.

Where are you getting CVT oil for a GT8 for $250/4 litres? I don't believe it is this cheap, are you sure it is the right oil?

I just changed mine and it costed $150/L plus labour...But obviously at a Dealership.

Also, in terms of shipping, just double-check whether you are allowed to ship petroleum/synth-based fluids.

If everything comes through ok, I will be very happy to know that CVT oil can be sourced so cheaply for our V35s...

Where are you getting CVT oil for a GT8 for $250/4 litres? I don't believe it is this cheap, are you sure it is the right oil?

I just changed mine and it costed $150/L plus labour...But obviously at a Dealership.

Also, in terms of shipping, just double-check whether you are allowed to ship petroleum/synth-based fluids.

If everything comes through ok, I will be very happy to know that CVT oil can be sourced so cheaply for our V35s...

I have done a lot of research on this as I dont want to put the wrong oil in and have a mega repair bill afterwards.

This picture should be able to clear all doubts.

CVT fluid KTF - 1 4 liter

□ commodity details

* It is the x toroid CVT private fluid.

* By all means in the x toroid CVT on-board car this

Please use the private fluid.

Conformity model… CEDRIC/Grolier (HY34 type)

Skyline (PV35 type)

I will be taking orders up to the 23rd of July, anyone that wants ins PM me and you will go on the list.

post-54773-1277768828.jpg

post-54773-1277769436.jpg

• 4 months later...

CVT fluid KTF - 1 4 liter

□ commodity details

* It is the x toroid CVT private fluid.

* By all means in the x toroid CVT on-board car this

Please use the private fluid.

Conformity model… CEDRIC/Grolier (HY34 type)

Skyline (PV35 type)

What is the outcome of this ? has anyone bought the oil yet ? I need some myself

• 2 months later...

How has the order gone? was the oil and everything correct? and if needing to source the oil now what is the best way to get it? (My V has just reached 50K mark and am starting to think ahead for when i need the stuff) and also can does anyone know the signs as to when you do actually need to replace the oil?

• 3 weeks later...

How has the order gone? was the oil and everything correct? and if needing to source the oil now what is the best way to get it? (My V has just reached 50K mark and am starting to think ahead for when i need the stuff) and also can does anyone know the signs as to when you do actually need to replace the oil?

Sorry, but that ship has sailed, and yes it is the correct fluid as I had mine done just before Christmas and all is good.

P.s.- If anyone gets theres done, make sure whoever does it doesn't overfill the tranny.

Mine was a touch over and was doing some weird things namely at high revs the g/box would "disengage" drive, but that problem has been rectified.

• Like 1

shit i just bought my 350GT with the CVT tranny in it and was told to put only this particular oil but never expected it to be that expensive

Hey toobo if u cn hld off for another month irev r gettn thr gt8 oil frm japan at that time and I callwd up aakn for an enquiry and they said they cn do.the change for arnd 900 bucks

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey,

I'm about to buy this car "Nissan Skyline v35 350GT-8" 2004 model.

It comes with CVT transmission and it has 90000km on the odometer.

I will need to replace the oil soon as I understand. How many do I need to replace the oil?

On the way, what is critical to do on this car to make sure I won't have problems? I mean in terms of service. What should I look for and be afraid of?

Is there a place where I can get full manual book? It's an imported car so I need to make sure I service it well. Would also appreciate good places to service this car around 3163 area.

Sorry for all the questions in one time,

Hey,

I'm about to buy this car "Nissan Skyline v35 350GT-8" 2004 model.

It comes with CVT transmission and it has 90000km on the odometer.

I will need to replace the oil soon as I understand. How many do I need to replace the oil?

On the way, what is critical to do on this car to make sure I won't have problems? I mean in terms of service. What should I look for and be afraid of?

Is there a place where I can get full manual book? It's an imported car so I need to make sure I service it well. Would also appreciate good places to service this car around 3163 area.

Sorry for all the questions in one time,

Try searching g35driver for the manual, there is a can of it on ebay at the moment, dont know if 4l or 8l...