SAU Community

LS1/Skyline dyno day - Sat 12Oct' / Cost $35 = 3runs + print out

whatsisname

Yes Joel it run 12s with my old shitty motor. Dont forget its set up for Drags and the driveline prob sucks 30 % of my horsepower, If it had a turbo on it it prob have 250-300 rwkw but thats defeats the purpose of my car, considering not many cars can keep up with it off the mark i consider it pretty fast for a normaly aspirated engine. Bear in mind it weights about 2800 pound and that aint very light :[ I like my old school engine if i had an rb20 i wouldnt be happy till it was pushing 600+ hp and thats a bit much for my wallet. Im prob gonna buy a skyline in a year and spend lotsa cash on that, may even sell my Torana and put the proceeds into the skyline engine : Oh and i forgot to mention it was smoking up on the dyno last time i run it so who knows how much it has with traction:]

just as a compare a mate of mine used to have a TD Cortina that had a 250 X Flow motor with a 4 speed, Holly Mild cam and the XF Kidney Shaped Alloy head to increase compression.

That made 135rwkw on a DD Dyno but it also had the carby tuned or what ever they do to make the AF's as close as they can.

That went really really hard for a Cortina and it had heaps of power down low. Click second at low revs punch it and it would snake all over the place with 235's on the rear.

Those motors are a torque motor but.

I can't remember what it ran down the 1/4 but I think it was some where around the mid 14's.

Just comparing.. :burnout:

Then another mate of mine had a TC Cortina with the Pre-XFlow 250 motor that had a 2V Head on it.

Std form those 2V motors Made 170HP at the Flywheel with the standard single barrel carby, that is around 123kw.. Which is up around the Std 5ltr VK Motor for example..

I used to be a Ford man.. :) Then Went Holden with the Nissan 3ltr (VL) had no problems then bought the VS V8 had heaps of Problems sold it and went back to nissan with the Skyline ;)

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by r32gts-4

I think i will bring my stock GTS-4 out to give it its first dyno run just to see what numbers it pulls.:burnout: ;)

That's one thing I love about the R32 GT-R & GTS-4, pull the fuse & instant RWD :)

A mate of mine in NSW ran his GTS-4 @ a dyno day I organised in Sydney 2yrs back, he got the same kw @ all 4 as he did in RWD!

126rwkw / 126awkw. His car only has a few basic mods.