Hello Sa + Advice Needed

Blazk

car landed and complied - $15k

3 months rego and stamp duty - approx $650

insurance - approx $1000?

major service - $1350(boostworx)

most likely need new tyres - $800

alarm system if it doesnt already have one - $300-$800

being a fresh import it'll be pretty filthy so needs a good cleanout - $100-$250 depends if you get it done by professional or need to buy stuff to clean it cut and polish etc

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

car landed and complied - $15k

3 months rego and stamp duty - approx $650

insurance - approx $1000?

major service - $1350(boostworx)

most likely need new tyres - $800

alarm system if it doesnt already have one - $300-$800

being a fresh import it'll be pretty filthy so needs a good cleanout - $100-$250 depends if you get it done by professional or need to buy stuff to clean it cut and polish etc

^^ $19850 doesn't seem like its not worth the trouble or the money. I mean importing.

Edited by Blazk

Consider how much of that stuff you're going to have to pay with any car you buy tho.

You're always gonna have to pay stamp-duty, insurance, service (though perhaps not a $1350 100,00km service).

So that's what - maybe $2K you're probably gonna need to put into any car you buy on top or the purchase price (depending if you need an alarm, how much servicing it needs, what condition it's in, etc)

Have you considered a sedan Tobias? More car for less $!!!

Family friendly, and still with all the same hardware and very similar cosmetics & contours of the coupe.

I owned a 33 coupe for 8.5 years; I still didnt want to let it go the day I sold it! Bought a sedan 2 days later off another forum member, and I love it. Extremely happy with my decision!

Ive considered a xr6 and xr6t but my mrs said get the car you you want (strange thing to hear at the time). What kinda sedan you thinking ?

Ive considered a xr6 and xr6t but my mrs said get the car you you want (strange thing to hear at the time). What kinda sedan you thinking ?

what an awesome chick

should buy her a skyline too for being cool

-D

01.jpg<<Click

01.jpg<<Click

kan5721-img450x600-1276101224ytvmko82542.jpg<<Click that one might be a bit harder but its only 5k FOB

yamakomeg-img600x450-1276961118jmdhow72060.jpg<<Click (might be a proper autech but missing the badging)

kalura0208-img600x450-1277270471p60f7t46749.jpgClick

tcs_nara-img600x450-1271502963ozowwv86425.jpg

more choice overseas and with people like Iron Chef he will get heaps and heaps of photos of prospective cars

yeah 2nd one looks good it was an auto and has been converted to manual

I have emailed Iron Chef yesterday but still no reply. Wouldn't mind if i can get it 1. and the right price 2. good condition and still stick to my budget.

LOL she cant drive manual, and she cant really drive very well for that matter...but shes a keeper.

pics or ban

sorry tobias for making a comment like that you have to back it up with pics now :P

2ic7aye.jpg

2eyxct1.jpg

Bus had its hazards lights on and the mrs was behind it. Indicated and over took the bus (no traffic) and the bus pulled out with the hazards still on. Mrs freaked out and parked on the side of the road and the bus drove off. Called the police they said call transport SA, but good luck getting anything out of them. Cop was correct they just cover their asses. So insurance wont cover it, so have to out our own pocket, of which cant afford.

Posting pics of mrs and me in a min.

2ic7aye.jpg

2eyxct1.jpg

Bus had its hazards lights on and the mrs was behind it. Indicated and over took the bus (no traffic) and the bus pulled out with the hazards still on. Mrs freaked out and parked on the side of the road and the bus drove off. Called the police they said call transport SA, but good luck getting anything out of them. Cop was correct they just cover their asses. So insurance wont cover it, so have to out our own pocket, of which cant afford.

Posting pics of mrs and me in a min.

good excuse to get that 34 then eh

and cops arse they wont cover it. threaten to take them to court.

-D

good excuse to get that 34 then eh

Well that be my car. She loves her starlet so ... why not. If anyone can help with the panel work i wouldn't pass that up :P