SAU Community

Easiest way to break into a skyline?

my car got broken into by the ****heads sliding a metal wire down my window seal near the boottom of where the pillar and the door leave a gap aroun 5mill big. best thing to do is to get a loud alarm, 3 point or more immobilizer and keep valubles and little eye candy out of sight.

The problem with skyline ownership is most theives want your car for parts/rebirth etc and not for joyriding.

Young pricks looking for a car to joyride in will be deterred straight away buy a steering lock as its easier to walk along to the next xe falcon/ commo etc that doesnt have one.

Skylines are not stolen by oppurtunists, they are targeted for theft and the sad story is if some c@nt really wants to take your car they will get it.

Professional car theives are just that, proffesionals, and it dont matter what gizmo you have on your pride and joy they have a way around it. Sad but true.

Ant to the commo owner who got towed away, I hear ya dude, my freind had his 200sx equipped with an alarm that engaged the brakes when activated get towed from a shopping centre in broad daylight. All he seen when he returned to the spot was 2 big skids where the tilt tray had dragged his car up.

Who would suspect though, think about it. Your in a shopping centre and you see a GTR getting pulled up onto a tilt tray. Most people would think " poor buggers getting his car repossessed "

breaking into the car cannot be prevented unless you james bond it with a break-glass detonator.

seriously, regarding black-market parts, this is the goal of most thieves. they want to strip the car and sell the parts. and they want a fast and clean getaway. so don't give them the luxury of getting anywhere. use layers, as one guy suggests:

get a quick-release steering wheel. get a remote fuel pump switch. disconnect the battery. remove the plug wires. acquire a wheel "boot" and put it on the car.

not enough? thief wants to spend time fixing all of this? thief has a tow truck? well:

remove a wheel. park near a light post, chain car to post. drive skyline only to friend's houses or valet parking malls. figure it the f%ck out.