SAU Community

Should I Buy This? $127k

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does. A revised launch control. Not that you can use without turning VDC off and hence voiding your warranty. Not that you need to since LC shaves of an incremental amount of time. 0.1-0.2 sec I believe?

When "LC2" was released the big bonus was that you didn't need to turn VDC off to use it. I consistently get 3000 rpm on the tacho when I take off with VDC set to R.

so he bought it? still on carsales.

great looking car :(

just hope he has already bought a house, before spending that sort of money on a car (don't get me wrong - I'd love an R35, but I'll have to wait a long time...)

so he bought it? still on carsales.

great looking car :(

just hope he has already bought a house, before spending that sort of money on a car (don't get me wrong - I'd love an R35, but I'll have to wait a long time...)

Thanks DAN00H. House is taken care of. It's a dive compared to the car, but it's livable :-)

Thanks DAN00H. House is taken care of. It's a dive compared to the car, but it's livable :-)

great work mate :( good to see you have your head screwed on right!

Damn I wish I had the money for an R35!!! that one you have now is just beautiful, white is my favourite colour for them...

keep us updated on how wonderful ownership is!

Wow. All I can say is wow.

Thank you to everyone at this forum. I wouldn't have done it without you.

BTW, the missus likes it. Except, I gave it 10% throttle and she goes "awwww don't go fast, it scares me". I was then thinking to myself "geez, you're lucky I didn't punch it"

Edited by eastes

When "LC2" was released the big bonus was that you didn't need to turn VDC off to use it. I consistently get 3000 rpm on the tacho when I take off with VDC set to R.

Really? How do I use this LC without turning off VDC? Not that I can use it just yet...still running my new white GTR 2010 in (only 300km now).

Really? How do I use this LC without turning off VDC? Not that I can use it just yet...still running my new white GTR 2010 in (only 300km now).

Just like I said. There is no "setting" for LC2. Nissan did this so that people wouldn't be turning VDC off anymore to get good launches. Its the same launch RPM in R or VDC OFF. Just brake reasonably hard and floor the throttle and then release the brake.

Mind you when the car was new (<5000kms) it was hard to get it up to 3000 RPM without double pumping the throttle etc. Now at 27000 kms it just goes straight to 3000 RPM independently to how fast you push the throttle down or how hard you're applying the brake etc. It's almost like the ECU adjusts as you put kms on the trans just like it limits torque whilst the trans is still cold. Quarter mile and 60 ft time has dropped by 0.15 seconds as well as a result of the consistently faster takeoff.

Edited by fungoolie

Wow. All I can say is wow.

Thank you to everyone at this forum. I wouldn't have done it without you.

BTW, the missus likes it. Except, I gave it 10% throttle and she goes "awwww don't go fast, it scares me". I was then thinking to myself "geez, you're lucky I didn't punch it"

LOL

That's what I like - a flourishing polygamous relationship - lol

• 2 weeks later...
So I'm thinking something in between like a Golf GTI or Golf R will be safer for me and keep me going for another 12 months.

What do you think?

if you werent buying the gtr ...... i think you should get the new RS megane 250 , eats the gti as a drivers car according to all the reports . i'm waiting to see one next month when they arrive .

+ every cock where i live has a silver gti to go shopping in with their boyfriend / girlfriend as they cant afford an auto TT , so it puts the otherwise quite decent vw out of the picture . :/ . sort of like a yuppy corolla as mentioned above .

btw .. thats a great car you've bought . i test drove one 2 weeks back for the 2nd time and just want one !!!

Edited by rob 240

• 2 weeks later...

Update...

Car is amazing. It is a pleasure and a thrill to drive. I'm glad I chose the GT-R over the GTi Golf. Golf is also a great car for the price, but this is more my style. It's crazy!

New Tyres

Needed new tyres at $2900 for Perrelli P-Zero. Seem to grip well.

Near Miss!

Last night I gave it a little around a massive round-about at night. Roads were empty. This teen started crossing the road from the center of the round-a-bout in a dark spot. Luckily I still saw him in time and hit the brakes with just enough time. He didn't see me until the last minute though and he got the fright of his life. Looked like a deer in headlights. He reacted and kicked the side of the car as I steered around him at about 20km/h. I thought about retaliating but didn't really have anything to gain. No damage done.

Rattle

There are some rattles from flywheel or driveshaft or something near the front. I don't know if it's getting worse or not. I know some rattle noise is normal in these cars but I'm still not sure how much is normal.

Update...

Car is amazing. It is a pleasure and a thrill to drive. I'm glad I chose the GT-R over the GTi Golf. Golf is also a great car for the price, but this is more my style. It's crazy!

New Tyres

Needed new tyres at $2900 for Perrelli P-Zero. Seem to grip well.

Near Miss!

Last night I gave it a little around a massive round-about at night. Roads were empty. This teen started crossing the road from the center of the round-a-bout in a dark spot. Luckily I still saw him in time and hit the brakes with just enough time. He didn't see me until the last minute though and he got the fright of his life. Looked like a deer in headlights. He reacted and kicked the side of the car as I steered around him at about 20km/h. I thought about retaliating but didn't really have anything to gain. No damage done.

Rattle

There are some rattles from flywheel or driveshaft or something near the front. I don't know if it's getting worse or not. I know some rattle noise is normal in these cars but I'm still not sure how much is normal.

Mine seams to have what sounds like gears chattering under the drivers seat, is this what you are hearing?