SAU Community

Private Health Insurance

1R34SON

Even tho i believe the health insurance business is one of the most corrupt and careless business's on the planet, medicare doesnt cover dental and my teeth are important. And a good dentist usually isn't cheap. The thing id like to know is, has anyone got decent dental cover that they can recommend? Any examples of what u had done, the cost and how much of the cost your insurance covered? Im not interested in full cover and all the extra bullcrap, my priority is dental.

Ive been told by someone that had work done that his insurance hardly covered much at all. So is it even worth it?

I dont know how much my cover is as work pays for it but its HBF top level, covers me and my missus. I had fillings done and my wisdom teeth pulled and i think so far its saved me 2k. also covers me for glasses and other shit

Cheers dan, i thought u could just go to any dentist and u'd be covered. Ill look in to it thanks. Koree, thats awesome how your work pays for it, probably will end up with hbf just gona check with them about who i can see, cost etc

Im pretty sure with HBF the amount you get back depends on what dentist to, some you will get up to 70% others 30%, i know for down here in Bunno i got a list of approved dentists then just rang around.

Im pretty sure with HBF the amount you get back depends on what dentist to, some you will get up to 70% others 30%, i know for down here in Bunno i got a list of approved dentists then just rang around.

I found out the hard way. I had coverage to receive 70% back. Went to my normal dentist and then to HBF and they gave me 30% back because it was not on their list.

I guess it stops dentists from rorting the system and charging the health insurers huge amounts.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• that's pretty good condition, those chips are nothing. Get a mobile repairer to sort it out. Nice wheels, I had white 17's on my GT-R once, looked nice.
    • Found a car that has kiki desing wheels on it with diffrent plates that match a 2008 model when clearly it's not white  
    • Howdy friends, So this evening I had a need to remove the rear compressor turbo pipe (long story, but I'm replacing it due to a bolt snapping off in the pipe and managing to then snap an extraction bit in the broken bolt, fun times -_-). The rear bolt is a bit of a bastard and very little room to get good leverage. I was able to get a 12 mm socket onto the bolt head, but none of my ratchets were able to fit, so I put together a "stubby" socket wrench to get it out and it worked surprisingly well 🙂. In the past I've "made" tools by cutting down spanners and bending them with a torch etc, but this 3D printed wrench was way less effort. I'll be keeping this one in my "special tool draw" from now on for sure ^_^b https://www.printables.com/model/868973-half-inch-stubby-socket-wrench
    • It looks even better in Person 
    • It's good, but not as good as some people make it out to be on social media. Yes, you can feel the torque come in earlier, yes, it does make the car feel more lively below 4000rpm, and yes, it does feel more responsive, but it's not this 'unicorn' mod.  Everyday driving? Below 100km/h on Australian roads, it's worth it. At 110km in 6th gear mine will sit on about 2860rpm. Doing a Motorkhana or a small circuit? Yes, it's worth it. Doing Texas style speed runs? Prob not. Do you use the gears more? Yes and No. Doing 60/70km on most roads, I'm using the gears just like any other Getrag. 80km and above, you use 5th and 6th more often. Absolutely no issues driving with the 33 A-LSD. Didn't change the front diff, only changed the C&P wheel. Some people say to upgrade to a Quaife etc, but i've had no issue with torque steer or having it wander all over the road. The one thing that no-one really addresses is the issue of the Speedo being out. It's either use a speedo corrector, find a 33 gearbox speed sensor, or use an aftermarket display with GPS speedo.