SAU Community

My Manual Conversion Findings

kidafa

^^ chris's was done at home... just on stands fairly high... the auto box is like 120kgs or so... hardest parts moving it backwards off the imput shaft...

lets be honest... its never gona come down nicely... 2 guys on jacks and 1 cleaving the bellhousing saw it out pretty fast :thumbsup:

on a serious note.. b careful.. coz its so lopsided it tilts and wants to go towards drivers side...

Yeah that's sort of what I was thinking. Will be able to get extra hands to help and just use a couple of trolley jacks underneath, with one closer to the transfer case to help stop it tipping. How was it getting the manual back in? Hard to get it into position?

Yeah that's sort of what I was thinking. Will be able to get extra hands to help and just use a couple of trolley jacks underneath, with one closer to the transfer case to help stop it tipping. How was it getting the manual back in? Hard to get it into position?

I did mine on a hoist with 2 of us and a gearbox lifter and it still sucked big time. Not a fun job

The amount of labor is the same as if you were just getting a clutch replaced, so approx 5.5-6 hours most shops quote

Well worth the $500-600 to let a shop do it

You can do the hand brake, pedals and wiring etc at home, then drive to a shop to do the box change.

Try ERD for a price.

• 2 years later...

KiwiRS4T: Thanks!.

Im also wondering about the clutch, how do i know what clutch to buy? the same as the gearbox i buy?

The same question about the flywheel, is the same in all skyline turbos?

Yes you will need a push or pull type clutch to match the gear box

http://webbersrbguide.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=69:fs5r30a-pull-vs-push-clutch&catid=44:transmission-a-gearbox&Itemid=24

Flywheel should be ok but if you buy a twinplate I think you will get a flywheel with it.

• Like 1