SAU Community

Non-turbo Nissan Skyline R34 Gt Or 25gt

alex2256

Hey guys, I'm new here so sorry if this is in the wrong section or anything. I'm on my P's and I was wondering whether I should import a Skyline or just buy one locally. I've done a bit of research into importing a used Skyline and it looks pretty complicated; I've looked around locally and most of the decent non-turbo GT's and 25GT's are a little out of my price range. So, would I be saving a bit of money if I imported a non-turbo Skyline 25GT or GT? Basically, what I'm asking is, for my price range, what could I do? What are peoples suggestions? Should I just save up a bit more and buy locally?

Thanks guys.

P.S. Nice forum. =D

kreyzgym; what spec did you get? because if you got a manual coupe thats really good man, if its a sedan or auto then that seems about the going price from all the ones iv seen.

To the OP, it would also help if you indicated what spec your after like sedan or coupe, manual or auto and so on. I reently imported 2001 s2 coupe, manual, GT-V model in black for about 14.5K all up. Reason i decided to import was that i could get a much better spec'd car for the same price as what 1998 model 25gt's were going for in the local market.

Yeah, I definitely got the going price for my car.

But having said that, I bought my car from a dealer, which was bought from a dealer in japan..

And the place I bought mine from had a large range of 34's, all reasonably priced, and most well within the 15k range this guy has.

kreyzgym; what spec did you get? because if you got a manual coupe thats really good man, if its a sedan or auto then that seems about the going price from all the ones iv seen.

To the OP, it would also help if you indicated what spec your after like sedan or coupe, manual or auto and so on. I reently imported 2001 s2 coupe, manual, GT-V model in black for about 14.5K all up. Reason i decided to import was that i could get a much better spec'd car for the same price as what 1998 model 25gt's were going for in the local market.

yeh, i'm after a manual coupe, not a big fan of the sedan skylines but that's just me; good job on that import, did you do it through a vehicle broker who import cars or did you do it yourself through a japanese auction?

also, cheers for the inputs guys

there's one for sale on here for 12k ish.. i thnk the username is 'hairymerkin' or something. Seems like a really clean car - manual as well with less than 90000kms

What? You mean 33 be cheaper than 34?? A little, not by much. Not justfyably much.. Btter off getting 34...

nah, i mean would it be cheaper to import an R34 GT as opposed to an R34 25GT? i guess the price would depend on which year it was made in and what grade it was, and the mileage etc. what are the prices for the R34 GT like, landed and complied?

i mean, it's only my first car and i would rather much prefer the R34 25GT, but that being said i wouldn't mind an R34 GT either, even though it uses the 2.0L engine. i have $10k at the moment and that definitely isn't enough for an R34 25GT (especially since i want a nice, clean, stock, low km skyline), landed and complied but what about the R34 GT? (it's probably unlikely to find it for $10k landed and complied, but i just thought i'd ask)

but keep in mind, i'm still saving and adding to that $10k; i was just curious about the price of the R34 GT landed and complied.

thanks for the inputs guys. :ermm:

Even if you could you wouldn't want one. Keep saving. Plenty of nice examples of 25GT's already here, and plenty of nice examples available to import. But your budget isn't high enough as others have already stated.

• 1 month later...