SAU Community

Rpm Tacho Booster?

for days on end i have been trying to connect a (DC12v) drift iridium series rpm tacho.. after hours of reading and useless help i have come across a thread from years ago

just to give everyone a rundown on this tryed connecting my electronic rpm gauge to pin 7 my rpm signal wire behind my dash cluster and the + and - to a battery started the car and no rpm reading... will i need a tach booster for my gauge as i have read, along with a resistor to make up a new circuit or should my gauge be working i currently have power to my gauge but no rpm reading

can anyone kindly shed some light on this i removed the previous tach and flush mounted the new one because the old one looks like shit! i also dont need anyone saying "why did u buy a monster tacho what is wrong with your old one" i'm happy with what i got and some helpful answers will be appreciated ALOT! :D

much appreciated chris.

• 9 months later...

moved from tutorial section as you aren't meant to post help questions in there

well thats very inconvenient paulr33 cause this is exactly the problem i am having and just as i come accross the question i was about to ask and you moved it . . . and now i cant find it, thanks. perhaps someone should overhaul this site and make a f**kload easyier to find what your looking for, cause i cant its absolutely rediculous and confusing as shit, theres old posts on here from years ago that have no relivence?

so when it said this at the top of the tutorials and DIYs what did you think it meant?

"Tutorials / DIY / FAQ Rules

Welcome to the Tutorials / DIY / FAQ Forum! This section of SAU is where we move the helpful threads that we find in other forums. This is *NOT* the place to ask questions or to try and get help. Please use the other appropriate forums for that. "

At least Paul is trying to keep the site as neat as possible to try to relieve any confusion about navigating it. Majority of old posts are relevant, some aren't - unless you want to go through 5,676,998 posts according to the site statistics.