SAU Community

Newb Help Basic Questions

Hi, im new to the site, and just have some very basic questions to ask any advice/help or if you can point me in the rite direction of where to read please do,,,

Im interested in buying a NA Skyline in the future but would like to read and know what im looking at buying before i jump into it

Specificaly im looking at buy a original bayside blue na, i dont want anything custom, anything resprayed im after something original with a few minor mod's, (not sure the exact year that colour came out?) however im not sure where to even start...

from what ive gathered GTS=N/A, GTR=Turbo? whats the difference between GT GTS GTR etc etc etc? can someone correct me if im wrong or explain to me?

anyone give me a link where i can see differences between r32 r33 r34 etc etc? from what ive gathered and with my price range ill be loking for a R32

um and i guess which engine is in which model (like all i guess id want the best NA Motor?

sorry for the realy broad basic questions, but ive searched around n done some reading, its just easier for some simple straight up answers?

look forward to your response

thanks

thanks for the link some great information, i did try the search function but couldnt really find a thread on what i was looking for...

The R34

GTS RB25DE 2.5ltr, 6 cyl, dohc 142kw@6400rpm 231Nm@4800rpm 2498 RWD M/A

GTS4 RB25DE 2.5ltr,6 cyl,dohc, 142kw@6400rpm 231Nm@3200rpm 2498 4WD M/A

is 4wd preferable?

looking at a 99-2001 model?

will i find it hard to find a NA in this colour?

Would i prefer to purchase one that has alreaddy been regested in australia and not one that has just been imported?

any other links to read up on would be great

thanks for your patience

Edited by watev

R34

GT = Non Turbo Neo Engine

GTT = Single Turbo Neo Engine

GTR = Twin Turbo Mother Engine

R33

GTS = Non Turbo

GTS4 = Non Turbo + 4WD

GTS-T = Turbo

GTR = Twin Turbo Mother Engine

Not sure bout the r32.

And i thinkskylines are 6cycl

I feel bad telling you this but your not going to find a bayside blue Skyline that isnt a R34 GTR, anyway you said u reckon your price range is r32 well its hard to find NA r32 around you will need to do some searching. If you do come across one make sure its 2.5 litter not those 2.0 that give you something like 99 kilowats. If you can the best option is to go for a R33 NA i think you can find them for 7-10 grand ( but still rare) a r34 NA will be around 10-15 for 4 door sedans and usually 13-18 for 2 doors, but the r34 are common in NA, i got one and it wasnt hard to pick up.

After doing a bit mire reading I think the na 34 will suit my price range, should I be curcerned wether I go for the 4wd na or just rwd na? The car will only be used as a weekend cruisor...

Anything else I need to know or should read up on? Any specific year that was better mor reliable etc etc

Um i suggest you stick the with RWD NA R34 they are lighter and faster then the 4wd version, ill only ever get a 4wd skyline if its a GTR. Anyway the years well it does not matter what year R34 skyline you get, i got a 1999 and my mate has a 2000 model, the oldest model is 1998, and i think they only go up to 2001, but i have never seen a 2001 for sale i probaly did but forgot i have seen it because its rare. Now there are two types of r34 Skyline series 1 and series 2, and they are distinguished by the front bumper, seats ( i sometime hacve problems telling this apart), Wheel ( the series 2 has the GTR looking wheels), series 2 has bigger brakes ( my mates tells me its got GTR brakes but im not so sure), the steering wheel is diffrent, the gauges ETC but there only cosmetic differnces that have been changes a little, to be honest i like the series 2 more then series 1, but its harder to find a series 2 so i just went for a series 1 instead, i didnt really give a crap because when i saw my series 1 i had to have it lol. So if you want some cooler cosmetic differences you could get a series 2. Otherwise there is absolutely no differnce in performance, reliability ETC bettween the 1998-2001 r34 skylines, it all comes down to how they were treated by there owners E.G a 1998 r34 could be in better condition then a 2001 which wasnt treated with car, services ETC.

you can get R34 in bayside blue.. it's not just GTR.. but it just hard to find.. but it's not impossible... this colour was only avail. in the series 2 i believe although some would prob be avail as resprays..

i havent heard of s2 having bigger brakes..

I'm not in no rush so I don't mind searching, it doesn't have to be bayside blue just preferably... Definently don't want anything that's been resprayed,,,

So what year did the series 2 start?

So when I'm looking how many ks is reasonable? I guess I'll make sure all service history is available...

Also should I look at something that alreaddy been regested in Australia?

Iv got a series 2 R34 and it does in fact have bigger brakes (same as the GTT brakes)

its called a GT-V the special model, very hard to find, its the model that has the option of the bayside blue color the reason only series 2 came with the optional blue color was to try create more sales for the final production year of the R34 (2001-2002).

Although sadly my car is just the series 2 silver color

Edited by R34 -_-