SAU Community

Seeking Gurus

HtwCHACtkh

Hello All,

When I bought my car it still had the stereo in it from Japan. It consisted of an all Alpine system including a 3 stacker cd player, sound field processing unit and a 4x40w amp. Long story short.... I got the head unit replaced with a basic Sony one and professionally installed and told them to use the amp to power the speakers which they did and it's working fine.

However, the sound processing unit was apparently of no use and can no longer be used and therefore taken out. Which is a pitty because I quite liked it and it gave me lots of information about clipping that's happening and now that I've got a couple sub's on the way, I would like to be able to use it to control that too. It is the thing I want to get working. Model number: ERA-G150

I've taken pictures of the sound processing unit, the amp and the old head unit for reference. By the looks of it, the only wire connecting from the sound processing unit to the head unit is a small 6 pin molex connector which I'm assuming is power. It has two blue with white stripe wires, one yellow and one thick black, two are empty. Could it be as simple as this to get it working?

Back of sound processor, the thick wire I've identified as the male connection as which is available on the back of the unit labeled changer. I think it's an AINet cable.

vd319y.jpg

Front of sound processor and upside down head unit that came with everything.

2dj2g6o.jpg

Amplifier.

fmiz4.jpg

Back of amplifier, not a single AINet input similar to that on the sound processor in sight...

4vrfh4.jpg

yep that thing is OLD - 7982 was about 95/96.

the G150 could be AI based OR plain use. should be a switch on the base/back of it. to make it do what you want.

do you have the remote for the 7982?

yep that thing is OLD - 7982 was about 95/96.

the G150 could be AI based OR plain use. should be a switch on the base/back of it. to make it do what you want.

do you have the remote for the 7982?

Unfortunately no remote for the 7982. There's three switches on the back of the G150, Phase (0 degrees, 180 degree's for sub I assume), Mode (st, mono), Bus (on, off).

I'm guessing it's the bus switch to turn the AINet bus on or off.

So I'm guessing I plug two RCA's from the head unit into the L/R ports labelled I and then connect the amp to this? Where would it get the power though?

the processor part you like is called BBE and AINEt is alpine sound delay, which is now called Sound "IMPRINT" technology, and can be found in Alpine new models, my old Pioneer radio had it as well. the BBE is fantastic and sound field control is great. lots of people use it in radios now

Link to BBE

but you may also try Audiocontrol , the one I use does heaps more then that one does

the other old stuff you can dig up in USA with some research to find parts

bus switch is the select switch. set that to off.

the 4pin plug is the power into it.

yel +12

red - key (or blu/wht - been a while)

blk - gnd.

that should fire it up.

Boom, got it working. Thanks a heap Chris.

It really improved my sound with BBE alone and doesn't look to flashy, not to mention it was free so I don't think you can beat that.

Kudos once again.