SAU Community

New Remote/key Combo Quoted $450 Adelaide

Hi all

Got the pin code for my key from Nissan Japan (fantastic quick service) and went to a dealer in Adelaide to get the keys - I was quoted $300 for the remote, $145 for the key and $65 to do the coding. $400 seems steep? I noticed remotes and key combos on E-bay USA for the G35 Infiniti for sale at ~US$50 - do they work ok? They say to check the FCC ID under the key in the remote, but mine doesn't have any numbers.

Anyone else in Adelaide get their spare keys done recently?

Mike

$450 is nothing...

My VW Golf is said around the $450 mark. Some BMW/Merc might be up to $800-ish.

Brand does not become a gauge to the price of the FOB keys, you can buy a jap car with over $600 per key yet some european prestige cars can be about $350-500 only. it all depends on model of the car, year made, and the complexity of the immobiliser / security feature fitted in the car.

There was a drive.com.au article , read here:

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/...0813-122qa.html

as a marker I had a customer over the weekend that wanted two new remote keys. $700 thank you. they took a setp back for a sec and realised I was serious and asked why. RS73's post explains it in a nutshell. you bought a $90k car (in its day) and expact parts to be nix for it. not so.

as a marker I had a customer over the weekend that wanted two new remote keys. $700 thank you. they took a setp back for a sec and realised I was serious and asked why. RS73's post explains it in a nutshell. you bought a $90k car (in its day) and expact parts to be nix for it. not so.

OK, thanks all. I get the picture - time to shell out!!

M

OK, thanks all. I get the picture - time to shell out!!

M

My local Nissan Dealer just charged me $250 for a new key including cutting and coding for my V36. They even put a new battery in the old key. I think that is just superb! :D

My local Nissan Dealer just charged me $250 for a new key including cutting and coding for my V36. They even put a new battery in the old key. I think that is just superb! :D

may i ask which dealer that was as i also need to get a new key made up for my v36

is it the same process for determining the code on the v36 as it is for the v35? (contact nissan japan for instructions on getting the serial, send serial to back, receive the code, buy key, cut and recode)

thanks for your help.

may i ask which dealer that was as i also need to get a new key made up for my v36

is it the same process for determining the code on the v36 as it is for the v35? (contact nissan japan for instructions on getting the serial, send serial to back, receive the code, buy key, cut and recode)

thanks for your help.

Ferntree Gully Nissan. I don't think it is as complicated as contacting Japan?? To be honest, I don't know what they did but I assume they just copy the code from the existing key. They had a few problems to begin with but found the remote they had brought in was faulty. Within 24 hours, they got another remote and sorted it out. Now they have done one for me, it should be fairly straight forward for future customers.

Ferntree Gully Nissan. I don't think it is as complicated as contacting Japan?? To be honest, I don't know what they did but I assume they just copy the code from the existing key. They had a few problems to begin with but found the remote they had brought in was faulty. Within 24 hours, they got another remote and sorted it out. Now they have done one for me, it should be fairly straight forward for future customers.

Did you only give them your original remote/key? Nothing else like Id tags or a third (valet?master?) key?

Did you only give them your original remote/key? Nothing else like Id tags or a third (valet?master?) key?

I just left them with the one key and the car!! No other tags. Your V36 keyless remote has a key inside if you push the release button on the back. I have never used the key though, i guess it opens the drivers door in the case of a flat battery etc.

Cheers

I just left them with the one key and the car!! No other tags. Your V36 keyless remote has a key inside if you push the release button on the back. I have never used the key though, i guess it opens the drivers door in the case of a flat battery etc.

Cheers

great. thanks mate. i called up earlier this afternoon. i spoke to vaughn who wasn't confident in doing a v36. but he quoted approx $200 ($180+$20) for the remote and key. says they'll need to order the keys from japan. but i will need to bring the car around to plug into their computers to see if they'll "talk" to each other. will confirm they can program it first before i spend the cash to order one.

thanks very much for your help!!

great. thanks mate. i called up earlier this afternoon. i spoke to vaughn who wasn't confident in doing a v36. but he quoted approx $200 ($180+$20) for the remote and key. says they'll need to order the keys from japan. but i will need to bring the car around to plug into their computers to see if they'll "talk" to each other. will confirm they can program it first before i spend the cash to order one.

thanks very much for your help!!

If your in VIC take it to FTG Nissan. They are approved New GTR dealer and know what they are doing. As they already did mine it should be straight forward for them.

If your in VIC take it to FTG Nissan. They are approved New GTR dealer and know what they are doing. As they already did mine it should be straight forward for them.

This is very good news to know that I'll have support from Nissan when I purchase a V36

• 2 months later...

haven't had much luck with this...

brighton nissan assures me they shouldn't have an issue programming the key despite it being a grey import. so with that, i purchased the spare key off them. after i paid and received the key they tell me they can't do it and refuse to even attempt it. not happy, brighton nissan.

so i take it ferntree gully nissan, who were an absolute pleasure to deal with (thank you danielle). unfortunately, they tried and were not able to get it working despite trying the different codes they had. i was given PIN READ (OFO29) and told to ask nissan japan for the corresponding four digit pin. i contacted nissan japan via email ([email protected]) only to get an email days later from nissan australia saying i should get the dealer to contact nissan australia, who would be able to help them. once ftg nissan explained the situation to nissan australia i was told to contact nissan japan.

sigh... so i reforward my email to nissan japan. it's been almost a week now and no reply. is there any other way to contact them?

Hi all

Got the pin code for my key from Nissan Japan (fantastic quick service) and went to a dealer in Adelaide to get the keys - I was quoted $300 for the remote, $145 for the key and $65 to do the coding. $400 seems steep? I noticed remotes and key combos on E-bay USA for the G35 Infiniti for sale at ~US$50 - do they work ok? They say to check the FCC ID under the key in the remote, but mine doesn't have any numbers.

Anyone else in Adelaide get their spare keys done recently?

Mike

Dunno if its any help mate,

but theres also this thread: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ch...html&hl=key

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys. thought i'd post up the happy end to my story. after several attempts to get the pin code from nissan japan (who never once responded to me directly), i got a call out of the blue two weeks later from ferntree gully nissan. was told they found a contact for getting pin codes and they should have an answer soon enough.

sure enough, two days later, got a call back and was told the code. then booked in a time, sent my partner around and 45min later at the dealership, all done.

for anyone interested, the remote and key was around $215, the programming was around $50. not too painful from my point of view.

lotsa <3 ferntree gully nissan!!

• 2 years later...

Sorry old post but does anyone know if Nissan in Brisbane will code a key for a V36 coupe? if anyone has done so would be great if they can share their experience...

Yes they will. Metro Nissan service will do it. Mention me or they will bitch and moan about not being able to do it. Car is the same as a 370z.

They need to look up the immobiliser code and then C3 the key in. Bring a jar of Vaseline ..

Thanks for that Chris, i bought a blank key from japan and just need to get it coded. Also the immobiliser code is printed on that little silver plate that comes with the car if you are lucky....pls correct me if im wrong :)