SAU Community

How to turbo your N/A

so i ripped apart the r34 gtt standard triple gauge console and put my autogauges in (boost & oil temp - just waiting for water temp to come in)

gauges2fd4.jpg

gauges2akw4.jpg

this is standard; so already theyre looking heaps better!

gaugesya6.jpg

also my emanage came in today, placed the order online for the ignition, injector & ignition signal harnesses.

Edited by dori32

The triple gauges are a little bit or work to put it, but they fit up fine if you take your time.

You need to get a sharp knife and cut out the padded dash section, 2cm within the dimensions of the gauges...so you've got some room to play with and trim down...if you post a good pic of that top section I'll mark out where you need to cut.

You then have to peel the foam and plastic off, the foam goes everywhere as it's crumbly :P When you're doing this you will discover the holes towards the back of the dash where the triple gauge lugs hook into, nice :)

You'll need an angle grinder to cut a void in the dash plastic, a nice rectangle just big enough to let the inner gauge suppot sit below the dash level.

When fine tuning the cut-out, gently pick foam away from under the plastic, and keep test fitting, making sure you don't go too far that you have any funny voids or visible cuts. Time is the key with this one.

Looking good Dori, will be well worth it once it's all fitted up nicely ;)

I just placed my order for the injector harness and ignition signal from Perfectrun as well...alll slowly coming together.

Edited by N-DAWG

thanks for the info dan, but i dont think im going to go that far just to fit them lol.

im gonna try and fit them without hacking into the dash so see how that goes first.

go natedawg, let me know once you get the harnesses. i need a pic of tyhe injector & ignition harnesses coz i got one here & i dont know which one it is

:blink:

ok so i test fitted it and doesn't clear like 666dan has stated. gonna take out the standard holder & just make a bracket to fit it to the outside console section, see how that goes, im trying every other possible avenues b4 i hack into the dash..

OR i could just run triple din gauges but it doesnt look standard :D

Edited by dori32

Good luck man, I personally wouldn't risk cutting the dash myself..but that's me though. Having the gauges on the dash is good for visibility when driving, but I like the idea of having din gauges and a dash that looks like an N/A just to keep it sleeperish :D

LOL you're all scared :D Trust me cutting the dash it ends up looking like factory, I can take a pic of the underside of my gauges if you like, then you can see it's pretty much a hacked N/A dash in the GTt.

I'll get some pics later tonight of the GTT, Nath you're in Brisbane, I can help you do yours ;) This is my old 25GT with the gauges in stock location, you can't even tell anything has been cut/trimmed to fit. The pic isn't the best though, this was also at the impound after it was stolen/trashed :(

I've done a few of these now.

100_1448.jpg

Dan...if you didn't tell me that was a 25GT, I would have been fooled for thinking it was factory fitted! That is a job well done!

That would be awesome mate, much appreciated! Are those R34 gauges still for sale now Dori? :(

^ gauges are for sure sitll for sale.

ive listed them on ebay.

too much phunk around to get them to fit even tho they look very sexy :(

cutting into the dash isnt a good feeling, its like torturing it on purpose Lol!

im just going to get a omori triple din gauge plate & chuck it under the cd player.

hmm nice spot to put the emanage in the glove box but that would mean i can't put anything in there.. oh no ;)

got eBay linkage? I was wondering about where to put the eManage as well...wasn't so sure if whether to secure it in the glove box due to it being a bit TOO easily accessible.

Yeah I know what you're saying about cutting the dash...not a nice feeling..BUT after seeing Dan's gauge install I have confidence in doing it with his help which of course I don't expect for nothing ;)

I'll try get around to snapping a photo of my ignition harness tomorrow morning for you too Dori

• 1 month later...