SAU Community

R35 Insurance

Speedah

You take offence when people assume the norm? Most 21 year olds with 100k+ cars do have wealthy parents. He had a question mark at the end of his sentence, not an exclamation mark...

It's fair enough, and tbh I reserve the right to mock those in the field of internet marketing, lol. I'd respect the lucky kid more.

QBE are pretty good. I used my dealer finance guru to twist their arms. Buying the car from him gave him the motivation and incentive to swindle the best deal for me. I bascially handed him $30,000 deposit cash and said I'm not buying this car unless you get me such and such insurance set up. He knew someone who knew someone who could make the impossible happen. Leverage...use it :D

I just moved to AAMI, previously with Suncorp

my policy now with AAMI is about $2000 premium and $1000 excess. This was similar to the deal I had with suncorp before they jacked it up to 10,000 this year so got a quote and renewed with AAMI.

to let you know how fickle things are though, Druzilla had the opposite experience with AAMI (see thread), go figure.

DANGER DANGER!!! Go with AAMI if you have a 1980 VB commodore not a GTR!! Of course if you don't mind repairs consisting of chewing gum, sticky tape and finger paint then AAMI is just right for you!

Best I could get was $2200 with AAMI with $2100 excess....that was yesterday. Today I called to actually take out a policy and the computer comes up with $2840 with $2100 excess. :down: ...should have locked in the $2200 yesterday.

Still the best deal I could get though.

Kev

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...