SAU Community

Decat?

luvboost

harden up and run he de-cat- more power, a shitload cheaper and better turbo response

yes apparently its a 10k fine but how can they find out? we dont have EPA in perth

People in WA need to learn how to correctly tune a car which isn't to common it seems and people wonder why emissions testing is still on the table.

Welcome to the website of the Environmental Protection Authority of Western Australia.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha

why make up/repeat absolute bullshit

ask a stupid question get stupid replys, so that 10k fine on the spot isn't bullshit too?

why so serious?

want a serious answer? Yes you'll get yellow'd for it but think about this, your bound to get a yellow no matter what, if the cop wants to yellow you or not, they cant get you for that they'll find something else to get you, so you might as well go all out with the mods and harden the f-uck up and cop it on the chin. Import = "He Must Be A Hoon" in cops eyes.

"Don't call my name, Alejandro"

Edited by viet_boi

Guys.

De-cat / Flames is NOT a YELLOW sticker.

It's a RED sticker.

And $10k on the spot fine is correct. Go look it up.

Jailtime is a possibility....not for decat, but shoot a bright white flame out, and f**k someone's car up, temporary blind them and cause them to lose control of vehicle and crash and/or die....you can garuantee you're going down for a bit more than a just a sticker.

Jailtime is a possibility....not for decat, but shoot a bright white flame out, and f**k someone's car up, temporary blind them and cause them to lose control of vehicle and crash and/or die....you can garuantee you're going down for a bit more than a just a sticker.

best answer I've read! :ermm:

Guys.

It's a RED sticker.

Please show me the legislation or act that says it'll be a $10,000 fine. I've searched everywhere but fail to find anything at all. I do run a cat but just like written proof rather than heard say stuff. As someone told me before, "he said, you say, who confirmed?".

Looking for it now, just for you.

In the meantime, just do a Google search along the lines of "EPA+Catalytic+Convertor" and you'll find dozens of forums, of people telling their stories.

Fines range from $600 (owner of vehicle, genuinely unaware of lack of catalytic convertor) to $20'000++ (workshop fitting de-cat exhausts to street registered vehicles, knowing what they were doing was against the law).

I'll post link to said fines as soon as I find it.

We don't have red stickers over here, but they could just about give you the equivalent of one, give you 2 minutes to have the car off the road & put the yellow sticker sideways in the middle of the windscreen & probably take the number plates off the car from you

Looking for it now, just for you.

In the meantime, just do a Google search along the lines of "EPA+Catalytic+Convertor" and you'll find dozens of forums, of people telling their stories.

Fines range from $600 (owner of vehicle, genuinely unaware of lack of catalytic convertor) to $20'000++ (workshop fitting de-cat exhausts to street registered vehicles, knowing what they were doing was against the law).

I'll post link to said fines as soon as I find it.

Thanks mate. I'm not trying to be a smartass but I hate to hear rumours which isnt true. All I ever find is just forum post that says the fine is blah blah blah but havent found any thing concrete. Cheers.

Guys.

It's a RED sticker.

wtf man.. you must think it's the rammstein pyrotechnics set or something? besides, you can still pop a flame even if you got a cat

surely you're just taking the piss.. and i can't tell cos it's the internet??

realisticly all that will happen is you'll get a yellow (for a loud exhaust), you put a cat on, pass the pits, remove the cat, repeat process. if a workshop gets found to be gutting cats and refitting them then yes i'm sure they'll be in strife.. but as an individual nothing will happen to you; think about how our legal system actually works..

imagine being brought up in front of a magistrate, the prosecuting cop reading out the statement of facts, "your honour, the accused was running an exhaust that was merely a straight pipe - he actually removed the catalytic convertor!! i know it's not my place to say, but really your honour, this guy is up there with HITLER!" ..the magistrate then agrees and decides that you're best off being segregated from our much more civilized society, where people don't just run *GASP* straight pipes off the motors in their 15yr old japanese cars! leave that for the 3rd world, that's nothing more than savagery!! then the magistrate nods to the court police who slap the cuffs on you and take you into the next room so that they can whisk you away, where you rot behind bars for the rest of your days..

yes.. maybe you'll think twice about this "de-cat" business - it's your life!

wtf man.. you must think it's the rammstein pyrotechnics set or something? besides, you can still pop a flame even if you got a cat

surely you're just taking the piss.. and i can't tell cos it's the internet??

realisticly all that will happen is you'll get a yellow (for a loud exhaust), you put a cat on, pass the pits, remove the cat, repeat process. if a workshop gets found to be gutting cats and refitting them then yes i'm sure they'll be in strife.. but as an individual nothing will happen to you; think about how our legal system actually works..

imagine being brought up in front of a magistrate, the prosecuting cop reading out the statement of facts, "your honour, the accused was running an exhaust that was merely a straight pipe - he actually removed the catalytic convertor!! i know it's not my place to say, but really your honour, this guy is up there with HITLER!" ..the magistrate then agrees and decides that you're best off being segregated from our much more civilized society, where people don't just run *GASP* straight pipes off the motors in their 15yr old japanese cars! leave that for the 3rd world, that's nothing more than savagery!! then the magistrate nods to the court police who slap the cuffs on you and take you into the next room so that they can whisk you away, where you rot behind bars for the rest of your days..

yes.. maybe you'll think twice about this "de-cat" business - it's your life!

Where did I ever suggest you go to jail merely for having no cat.

I said if your decat f**ks up someone's eyesight and/or car and causes an accident, then you're in shit.

If you actively ASK a workshop, repeatedly to remove your cat. convertor, then you'd be up for a fine. Once you're in front of a magistrate, there's no "oh I didnt know" bullshit, it's common sense, and some are less forgiving than others.

9/10 cops have never read the ADRs and are stupid enough to give you a yellow instead of something a bit more harsh but that's not the point.

You should really learn to read MY novel post, before posting one of your own.

But hey, you're the expert. Like I suggested earlier, please fit a GRiD, decat, and straight throughs, go give it some juice on a dark night, right in front of a cop car, and let us know how you go with that.

Serious.

Rather than we all sit here dicussing ADRs and penalties, just go and actually do it, then we'll all know for sure.

Hi, guys. I would like to add my two penn'orth to this discussion. We need to take it back to "why do it", rather than argue about the fines and such if you get caught. As stated earlier, there is bugger all difference in performance compared to a high flow cat. But there are two downsides:

a) you contribute significantly to pollution, compared to other vehicles, plus the safety concerns that Nic raised; and

b) you contribute significantly to the bad name that being an import enthusiast already has. In fact, in the eyes of many, you justify the heavy-handed approach taken towards import owners.

For those of you who may be dismissive of the pollution argument, it all counts. Just have a think about your values - assuming you have any! I bet you even voted Green!

As for the second aspect, whether you are caught or not, I can guarantee you will be wearing your decat like a badge of honour - talking about it in posts, telling your mates, being overheard doing so and generally adding to the negative image from which we suffer.

You guys who want a decat make me really angry. There are about 100 other things you can do to your car that will improve its performance, but you want a decat. You don't give a sh#t about other people, so you want a decat. You have a very small penis, so you want a decat. A decat makes you much more of a man, after all.

In case you have missed the point so far - a decat is no help and detracts from a properly engineered car.

It is also totally irresponsible, but as you are probably wearing studs through your eyebrows, black on black clothes, your trousers around your knees and think you are being a unique rebel, I doubt that will matter to you.

As Nic said, do it, get caught and we will all laugh at you, contemptuously. Or join the real world, learn about your car from the knowledgeable on this forum and elsewhere and be welcomed as a constructive member of an enthusiast community, thereby contributing to improving the image of import owners.

Your choice.

Cheers. :P

Edited by MLCrisis

Very well said Brendan, but as you can clearly tell it's just a few of them on here trying to seem smarter than each other (or everyone else) so they will probably just keep bitching on.

Hi, guys. I would like to add my two penn'orth to this discussion. We need to take it back to "why do it", rather than argue about the fines and such if you get caught. As stated earlier, there is bugger all difference in performance compared to a high flow cat. But there are two downsides:

a) you contribute significantly to pollution, compared to other vehicles, plus the safety concerns that Nic raised; and

b) you contribute significantly to the bad name that being an import enthusiast already has. In fact, in the eyes of many, you justify the heavy-handed approach taken towards import owners.

For those of you who may be dismissive of the pollution argument, it all counts. Just have a think about your values - assuming you have any! I bet you even voted Green!

As for the second aspect, whether you are caught or not, I can guarantee you will be wearing your decat like a badge of honour - talking about it in posts, telling your mates, being overheard doing so and generally adding to the negative image from which we suffer.

You guys who want a decat make me really angry. There are about 100 other things you can do to your car that will improve its performance, but you want a decat. You don't give a sh#t about other people, so you want a decat. You have a very small penis, so you want a decat. A decat makes you much more of a man, after all.

In case you have missed the point so far - a decat is no help and detracts from a properly engineered car.

It is also totally irresponsible, but as you are probably wearing studs through your eyebrows, black on black clothes, your trousers around your knees and think you are being a unique rebel, I doubt that will matter to you.

As Nic said, do it, get caught and we will all laugh at you, contemptuously. Or join the real world, learn about your car from the knowledgeable on this forum and elsewhere and be welcomed as a constructive member of an enthusiast community, thereby contributing to improving the image of import owners.

Your choice.

Cheers. :)

couldnt agree more.. on the environmental issue esp with such a poor increase.

+2

This subject makes me so angry but I've tried to restrain myself

Luckily the idiots who think decating is a good idea are in the minority.

Hopefully the rest of us can breath a little easier (Pun intended)

Edited by R34