SAU Community

S2 C34 Air Intake Pipe Does Anyone Have This One?

shotpointblank

hey guys got a S2 c34 rb25det neo stagea just wonder if anyone has used one of these air intake pipes?? does it fit?? does it look like the pic?? just doesnt look like the hole will line up??

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ALLOY-INTAKE-PIPE-4...=item255d5b278c

also this one looks like it will fit but its silicon anyone used aftermarket silicon one??

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SILICON-INTAKE-PIPE...=item483c7049a7

thanks..

Edited by shotpointblank

Hi mate check the diy section or search $5 5 min intake mod. I have a spare intake pipe u can use if need be

hey guys got a S2 c34 rb25det neo stagea just wonder if anyone has used one of these air intake pipes?? does it fit?? does it look like the pic?? just doesnt look like the hole will line up??

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ALLOY-INTAKE-PIPE-4...=item255d5b278c

also this one looks like it will fit but its silicon anyone used aftermarket silicon one??

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SILICON-INTAKE-PIPE...=item483c7049a7

thanks..

Hi mate check the diy section or search $5 5 min intake mod. I have a spare intake pipe u can use if need be

yeah man ive seen that... i need to change my one anyway, air intake has a split in it or something makes whistlin sounds on boost... but yeah thanks for the opinion..

Edited by shotpointblank

As long as it is made for a R34 Neo rb25det it will fir and work

The R33 ones are different

I use to use the silicon type.

For the price I would go the alloy one now. Never use to be able to get cheap ones. The only previous ons to the cheap chinese ones use to be made by Apexi at 3 times the price

I had the alloy one. It's not a straight fit...

There is alot of screwing around to make everything fit up properly. Things like the BOV return and oil breather pipe need to be either lengthened or modded. If you still run an AFM, you will also need a smaller pod filter, otherwise it won't fit on the end.

The silicone one is a direct fit and the one to get. $5 intake mod is just as good too.

The alloy one will give you problems when the bov releases as the air is too close to the airflow sensor, and its on the wrong angle (air will go up the pipe.)

The silicone one looks better but the bend is pretty tight.

The alloy one will give you problems when the bov releases as the air is too close to the airflow sensor, and its on the wrong angle (air will go up the pipe.)

The silicone one looks better but the bend is pretty tight.

What sort of problem(s) would you get??

What sort of problem(s) would you get??

Reversion. I get it pretty bad at times, because i have a GCG hi flow. I have minimised it by changing back to a plumb back and using a standard intake pipe (ribs break up the reversion somewhat). It did have a silicon intake but reversion was pretty bad.

I am using the stock S1 silicone inlet pipe with the 5 min. fix. My BOV is in the hot side just out of the turbo and vents back into the stock place in the inlet. How does that fit with the "reversion" syndrome?

I am using the stock S1 silicone inlet pipe with the 5 min. fix. My BOV is in the hot side just out of the turbo and vents back into the stock place in the inlet. How does that fit with the "reversion" syndrome?

it doesn't. using the ebay alloy one with the BOV return where it is could cause false reading on the AFM, when the BOV released the sudden increase in airflow across the hotwire would cause the ecu to dump a load of fuel in the engine. if your using the stock rubber flex, even with the "$5 Intake Mod", you wont experience this.