SAU Community

What Should I Expect?

getting my car back soon with much more power and it'll also have lsd and a stall converter. never driven a powerful lsd car or tried to go sideways in one. just wondering what i should expect. Also the stall converter will be about 2500rpm how is this gonna feel to drive and how will that affect my day to day driving? The more feedback the better. cheers

Expect big smokey burnouts.

Srsly though, you need to get it out on a skidpan and learn your car before you kill yourself and/or someone else.

2500rpm stall isn't very big (the one in my wagon is 2350rpm and I think a 34GTT is 3000rpm), basically it will feel a bit like a clutch slipping until it gets to 2500rpm, then depending on engine/turbo setup, it sounds like it will most likely torch the tyres.

Haha. Yeah i'm going to try my best to behave.

I've been sideways plenty of times but thats always been in non lsd cars. And i've had many hours thrashing the ute around in the bush. If i get my car back soon enough i'll be taking it down to baskerville raceway for a day with a bunch of friends. The plan is only to give it a squirt in straight lines really, and i can't afford to go over the speed limit cause i got f**k all points. Haha.

Theres a thread in forced induction titled "sts turbo setup" that'll tell ya more about my car.

Cheers

Well if you know what it's like being sideways with an open centre diff, you will be pleasantly surprised with the LSD. It will be much more predictable and controllable and won't try to kill you when you back off the gas or feather it (i.e. it won't drop to one wheel and try to throw you in to the kerb).

Thats sounds much more plesent then what i'm used to then. I generally don't do it much cause my tyres are still new so i only flick it out in the wet. And i don't do it when i can see other cars cause ya never know which ones are cops these days. I work nighshift so i'm often on the road when no one else is which is quite handy!