SAU Community

My Very First Regency Visit

Chase Photography

hey everyone, in new to this site (as in dont use it as frequently as i should :( )

The other day i got pulled into a breatho setup and was defected for window tint being darker than the legal (by 5%)

i noticed on the defect papers the officer has marked down that this is a MAJOR defect and needs to be cleared at regency.

trying to understand how tint defects need to be done at regency park even though cops carry the devices that test window tint in their cars.

I will list exactly what is modified on my car and would much appreciate peoples oppinions on what concerns i may have.

1)Tint - Being removed prior to regency

2) Exhaust 88db (tested over a year ago though)

3) 18" mags.

4) lowered -but- not with superlows or anything like that.can stand a 600ml ice coffee carton under the sides of the car.

5) custom license plate IMBACK

6) car was purchased from importer with battery relocated in the boot.

7) RPM gauge stuffed (will this need to be fixed)

8) White bulbs purchased and put in by profix

i plan on degreasing the engine bay, removing my sub and amp and washing and polishing my car

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Ive never been to regency but considering they are taking me there for something as little as tint i believe they plan to rape my wallet :D

cheers

hey everyone, in new to this site (as in dont use it as frequently as i should :( )

The other day i got pulled into a breatho setup and was defected for window tint being darker than the legal (by 5%)

i noticed on the defect papers the officer has marked down that this is a MAJOR defect and needs to be cleared at regency.

trying to understand how tint defects need to be done at regency park even though cops carry the devices that test window tint in their cars.

I will list exactly what is modified on my car and would much appreciate peoples oppinions on what concerns i may have.

3) 18" mags.

4) lowered -but- not with superlows or anything like that.can stand a 600ml ice coffee carton under the sides of the car.

i plan on degreasing the engine bay, removing my sub and amp and washing and polishing my car

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Ive never been to regency but considering they are taking me there for something as little as tint i believe they plan to rape my wallet :)

cheers

Pictures of my car may help :D

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc...8_4858914_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc...5_4415567_n.jpg

cheers, Chase

I went through not to long ago and found them to be pretty chilled.

Your car seems pretty clean man you should be fine however just see how your car compares to these rules about suspension and lowering:

http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/person...rack_suspen.pdf

Also since your battery is in the boot it has to be sealed and ventilated. You might be able to get away with the RPM gauge but really not 100%

Best to post these questions in the defect thread likely to get better answers.

Best to have an early appointment, if they find something illegal they can issue you four hours to comply the car and you can bring it back that day without paying again.

I went through not to long ago and found them to be pretty chilled.

Your car seems pretty clean man you should be fine however just see how your car compares to these rules about suspension and lowering:

http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/person...rack_suspen.pdf

Also since your battery is in the boot it has to be sealed and ventilated. You might be able to get away with the RPM gauge but really not 100%

Best to post these questions in the defect thread likely to get better answers.

Best to have an early appointment, if they find something illegal they can issue you four hours to comply the car and you can bring it back that day without paying again.

ahh cool thanks. yeh the battery was my main concern but its definately been relocated professionally, a small rear portion of the boot has been removed allowing some sort of ventilation to the battery, also the 6x9s have been removed from parcel shelf so hopefully that will be enough ventilation.

the 18" mags wont be defect worthy? thanks heaps

On the rare occasion i have herd you can ring up regancy and explain your situation and they may allow you to go to a cop shop. You can give that a try tomorrow.

tried that a few times. kept getting the same wanker saying "its not my problem"

i went into the cop shop and they say "whatever it says on the paper is what you have to do"

i cannot see how tint is a major defect unless they plan on raping me at regency

3) 18" mags.

1. Remove it

2. Should be fine but it's a possibility it could have gotten louder over the years? (cat worn down internally?)

3. Isn't it the 2" rule? Can be 2" bigger than stock? Or is that out the window now?

4. No idea about heights but as long as it's not adjustable coils

5. That's fine as long as it's not bent or cut up

6. As previously said, needs ventilation if it's a old battery (acid one), if it's sealed then it just needs to be secured to the boot floor.

7. I'd say yes... They'd probably pick on it.

8. Where are these white bulbs? Headlights?

And did the bretho cop actually test the tint with a light machine thing? Or just guess?

3. Isn't it the 2" rule? Can be 2" bigger than stock? Or is that out the window now?

its now a rolling diameter thing, has to be within 15mm (iirc) or standard. track rules still apply though, not aloud to exceed track by more than 12.5 per side.

4. No idea about heights but as long as it's not adjustable coils

eyebrow heights are measured. from memory its somewhere around the 345mm mark. they also do the 110mm clearance thing. ("drive over that block of concrete over there and see if you snag anything")

All 33's have the battery in the boot, it does need to be a special sealed type of battery, you'll probably also find a little breather hose nearby or already hooked up to your battery.

eyebrow heights are measured. from memory its somewhere around the 345mm mark. they also do the 110mm clearance thing. ("drive over that block of concrete over there and see if you snag anything")

Vehicle bump clearance specifications as designated with the symbol (E) signifies the vehicles minimum eyebrow height. This distance is measured from the center of the wheel vertically upward to the edge of the vehicles mudguard, with the vehicle in it's normal operating but unladen condition.

R32 & 33 Low Volume Import June 91 -

Front Track: 1506

Rear Track:  1506

Front Eyebrow: 345

Rear Eyebrow:  355

All 33's have the battery in the boot

Not all of them. Mine doesnt - and i dont think it's just a sedan thing either, as I know of other sedans with them in the boot, and coupes with under bonnet. Unless customised in Japan or something hey

it does need to be a special sealed type of battery, you'll probably also find a little breather hose nearby or already hooked up to your battery.

yep, dry cell afaik.

As to the R33 battery situation, all the coupes i have worked on have the battery in the boot.? But as you said the engine bay battery placement might be a sedan thing at there wouldn't be as much room maybe with the 4 door between the rear strut towers?

Are the sedans longer in the wheel base?

Edited by D_Stirls